SAU Community

Stolen R33 Gtr

ras1983

Hi all,

my R33 GTR was stolen from Caroline Springs on Christmas Eve. The car is Silver Sonic with a carbon bonnet and SAU stickers on the rear windows, so it should be easy to spot. The registration is RTC 430. If you see the car on the roads please call the police and report that you've seen it.

Ray

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, yet another one stolen on the westside; what the fark is going on?

My car is kept garaged, with an alarm, PIN immobilizer, GPS tracker and parked 15mm from the brick wall with the wheels turned into the wall and the steering wheel removed.

Full props to the person that manages to take it without detection. I take no responsibility for my actions if i catch the (unts in the process :D

how easy are skylines to steal these days ? when the day comes for me to get a GTR, i'm getting on of those detachable steering wheel's should deter thieves

with a good alarm install etc, you'd basically need a flatbed or signifigant time to fully re-wire...

basically more time than someone will spend, risks increase as time goes on... good installs are where it's at.

Funny, none of the cars installed by the guy who's done HEAPS of SAU Alarms - has ever been stolen :D

The car had a viper alarm and immobilizer installed. I was spending the night at my cousin's house (I actually live in the northern suburbs), so I left it parked on the street. Otherwise I keep the car garaged at home. Unfortunately, this is the first time I've left the car parked on the street in about 2 years :-(

I've got comprehensive insurance with Shannons and I've already notified the police in the area.

We didn't hear a sound. There is no glass on the side of the road. My only guess is that the car was towed away and/or pushed down the street before being stolen. It's the weirdest thing and it sucks big time.

Perhaps I should have installed a better alarm with GPS tracking. Fingers crossed the car is found soon and with no damage.

Bastards. How did it happen? Alarm/immobiliser/garage?

I'll keep an eye out for them. Shouldn't be too hard to spot.

I arrived at my cousin's house at around 10:45 pm Christmas eve. We went to bed around 2:15am and when I left the house at around 12:00pm on Christmas day to go home I realised that my car was not out the front.

It took a few seconds to realise what had happened, all I could think of was "Where is my car?". I had to double check that I didn't forget where I had parked it - I've never had a car stolen before and it was surreal so I wasn't sure if it had actually been stolen or if I had parked it somewhere else. Then I got over the shock and understood that it had been stolen. Merry farking Christmas.

with a good alarm install etc, you'd basically need a flatbed or signifigant time to fully re-wire...

basically more time than someone will spend, risks increase as time goes on... good installs are where it's at.

Funny, none of the cars installed by the guy who's done HEAPS of SAU Alarms - has ever been stolen :D

ahhh good old doug. he did my install and boy am i glad :)

I arrived at my cousin's house at around 10:45 pm Christmas eve. We went to bed around 2:15am and when I left the house at around 12:00pm on Christmas day to go home I realised that my car was not out the front.

It took a few seconds to realise what had happened, all I could think of was "Where is my car?". I had to double check that I didn't forget where I had parked it - I've never had a car stolen before and it was surreal so I wasn't sure if it had actually been stolen or if I had parked it somewhere else. Then I got over the shock and understood that it had been stolen. Merry farking Christmas.

the fact you didn't hear a thing, it was gone without notice... IMO comes down to a very simple factor - the install.

You can have a $$$ alarm. The issue as it stands is the quality of the installation.

A $150 alarm + excellent install

vs

$$$ alarm + crap/typical install.

I know what i would take every time.

ahhh good old doug. he did my install and boy am i glad :)

You mean Ben :D

ahhh good old doug. he did my install and boy am i glad :D

Doug did my alarm as well. Level 3 python alarm with immobilizer, battery backup and anti signal hack. If someone manages to steal my car i'll eat my own shit

Doug did my alarm as well. Level 3 python alarm with immobilizer, battery backup and anti signal hack. If someone manages to steal my car i'll eat my own shit

Bet it would be yummy! But remember, if they want to steal it, they'll steal it alright!

Bet it would be yummy! But remember, if they want to steal it, they'll steal it alright!

yeh i know but not every car thief is a genius and thinks that a simple rock thru the window will do the trick

yeh i know but not every car thief is a genius and thinks that a simple rock thru the window will do the trick

As a matter of fact, most car thieves are dick-licking, ball-sucking, cock-tingling farkers with little brain matter to go and steal/damage people's pride and joy - yes, you are right. However, there are so many ways to disarm even the most sophisticated alarm. When I got my Viper alarmed installed on my GTR a few weeks ago, I had a good chat with one of the installers about car theft etc, and he said most alarms can be disabled quite easily if the crook knows the basics. Shiit, he even said that most thieves nowadays will just tow your car away, take it home to their garage, disabled the alarm with descent tools and then will strip the fark out of it before driving it to a driver, park or street and just dumping it there. Why risk driving it to be spotted? And let's face it, if you see a car on a tow truck, I don't think you'd look twice and wonder if it's stolen.

However, I agree with you mate...better make it harder for those faggots then not.

i have family friends who had thier brand new 2008 bmw x5 stolen last year... only solution is flatbed, bmw security systems are supposed to be invincible! so if they really want the car... they will take it

i remember reading years ago this show s14 was taken from a performance mechanic shop in the middle of the night, the thieves broke in, bypassed the shops security, then moved 6 cars and stole the s14