SAU Community

De Powa's First R31, S3 Wags Project Rb20det

Hey people this is my first 31, picked it up mid 09 and its in a bit of a sad state not sure if any of you know the car and could tell me more bout it, I swapped it for my Hi-lux with a lad in ballina. before i got it, it sat on 18's had gauges across the dash with wrx bucket seats installed.

Current specs are:-

* Silver top RB20DET (engineered)

* 5sp (not sure what its off)

* Microtech LT-10S, running out of the box tune needs full cold start tune, Runs alright once warmed up

* 3" Exhaust off the dump pipe (bigger cat I think)

* Silo front seats

* Import dash/cluster & centre console (temp & fuel don't work properly, speedo out 10 -15k's)

* Boost Tap

* Stock turbo currently fitting a rb25 turbo

* SMIC

* Cheap lookin Turbo timer

* Standard diff :eek4:

money is a bit of an issue atm (hence in long term project forum) so my first priority is to get it back on the road should be achievable by start of Feb.

The old owner had the boost set too high and I had no boost gauge so it threw the wheel off the exhaust side of the standard turbo (god knows where it went lol (see pic)) recently purchased an RB25 turbo just chasing the coolant lines/bolts because the bolts in the RB20 turbo were the wrong size.

currently getting the tail shaft rebuilt will be in this week sometime, the centre bearing was flogged out and the drive line place wouldn't just replace just the centre bearing they wanted to fully rebuild & balance it so I just got it done.

She has a bit of rust that is in need of repair for rego (see pics) hoping to eventually get a cleaner S3 wagon as a project base before I go too far with it but need to get this on the road first. have lined up a pair of guards just need some paint and cut a bit out of the tail gate and behind both guards, fit a pair of tyres also have some slotted rotors coming.

have bought a boost gauge just got to fit it

I'm doing all the work myself don't know anyone that knows much about what I'm doing so I'm on my own, so if anyone can give me any pointers would be much appreciated

Front.jpg

Back.jpg

22112009884.jpg

29082009787.jpg

net6.jpg

Tail Gate

22112009883.jpg

Drivers Guard

22112009881.jpg

Old Turbo

Old_Turbs.jpg

SMIC

Cooler.jpg

Turbo Off

no_turbs.jpg

Passenger side behind guard

Pass_side_rust.jpg

Drivers side behind guard

Driver_side_rust.jpg

Front end off

Naked_front.jpg

Waiting for tail shaft

Back_tailshaft_out.jpg

Dirty Under body, will paint and clean if I get time

Dirty_diff.jpg

found a doner car last night, put a deposit down this morning, going to pick it up tomorrow morn, bus leaves 3.20AM :-o so looks like i'm going down that route.. cant wait for the fun to begin

New_Skyline.jpg

New_Skyline_back.jpg

New_Skyline_inside.jpg

New_Skyline_inside2.jpg

New_Skyline_side.jpg

Hey man nice projected. I wouldn't mind doing a wagon projected with my spears out of my sedan as a daily driver.

The rust under the front guards is normal and a flamin mongrel to get ride off.

You gonna put all your good stuff in the new one or use the parts off the new one on this one?

got all the way to brissi, 9hr bus trip got there to look at it and it was the biggest piece of shit I'd ever seen..

he was some old prick wouldn't even leave the comfort of his air-con office, send someone else out side was one of the dodgeyest pricks around I'd say, was hoping to get it to put all my shit out of my car into it was supposed to have 180,000 on it.. had oil all over motor shot rocker cover & exhaust gasket, smashed pass side wagon glass stuffed seat belts no high beam or tail lights dirty interior, pass mirror hanging on by the just the adjuster oil nearly at a drip from the diff, rust when told no rust paint severely faded scratched.. didn't look nothing like the pictures you'd swear it was a different car

i know couldn't expect much for $600 but i worked at a wreckers and we bought better cars for $50, he wouldn't even go under $500, he told me it would be fine to drive back 5hrs to Coffs, it wouldn't have made the border and if it did nsw police would have got me and probably made me tow it

caught an 8hr bus home wasted 24hrs of my life and $200

now considering stripping it and parting it out on ebay... soo over it

Edited by de Powa

got all the way to brissi, 9hr bus trip got there to look at it and it was the biggest piece of shit I'd ever seen..

he was some old prick wouldn't even leave the comfort of his air-con office, send someone else out side was one of the dodgeyest pricks around I'd say, was hoping to get it to put all my shit out of my car into it was supposed to have 180,000 on it.. had oil all over motor shot rocker cover & exhaust gasket, smashed pass side wagon glass stuffed seat belts no high beam or tail lights dirty interior, pass mirror hanging on by the just the adjuster oil nearly at a drip from the diff, rust when told no rust paint severely faded scratched.. didn't look nothing like the pictures you'd swear it was a different car

i know couldn't expect much for $600 but i worked at a wreckers and we bought better cars for $50, he wouldn't even go under $500, he told me it would be fine to drive back 5hrs to Coffs, it wouldn't have made the border and if it did nsw police would have got me and probably made me tow it

caught an 8hr bus home wasted 24hrs of my life and $200

now considering stripping it and parting it out on ebay... soo over it

Cheer up champ.

Wagons are awsome! Find a good shell, paint it black, throw some tough rims on, chuck all the good stuff in it and have some fun.

Insipration:

post-22624-1262787055_thumb.jpg

post-22624-1262787129_thumb.jpg

post-22624-1262787193_thumb.jpg