SAU Community

Drop Tank

mrbov

wow, i know what my next mod to my silvia will be now.

drop tank for sure.

i bet it will handle way better with a big lump of metal and 150 litres of fuel slapped under it as far towards the rear as i can get it...

lets all get drop tanks, because if jerkoffs in commondores can do it, so can we!

Actually, this particular drop tank on the R33 was just for looks, it was imitating a particular style. I would imagine it's pretty rare for anyone on the street to have an actual functional one.

You're right though, anyone who wants their car to follow a style or trend is a total "jerkoff". What about jerkoffs in GTR's with subtle nismo stripes, like the racecars have? What jerkoffs.

S14 drivers who put JDM silvia badges on their cars?

Jerkoff.

People who modify cars at all?

You see where I'm going with this.....

syfon - Do you have any pics of how it mounted? would be curious to know how this was done. Might have to run off and get one, then slap commodore badges on my car. Because im a jerkoff.

cheers,

Jesse

the funny thing is...everything you just said goes together...GTR & Nismo.

the 200sx is a silvia

an R33 is however not an A9X torana.

If said r33 with the drop tank was built to run in the Nurburgring 24hr than that is a different matter all together...

Wow I was half pissed putting this topic up and totally forgot about it. Just snooping around I found my own topic. Thank god I did syfon I love it. :banana:

That is hot, for me I don't care what any1 thinks that totally speaks for itself. :banana:

My next modd will be this even if it's just a cover, its no different spraying your skyline into a nice holden or ford colour. As for ppls that seem to like to keep aussie muscle and jap cars separate hey we evolved from our motoring history and respect it, maybe we shouldnt have spoilers, flares etc on our skylines aswell...... pull your finger/s out and loosen up its a car, not a young teen sleeping with grandpa :P

Thanks for the info syfon I'll get onto it and post some pics as soon as its finished.

No worries mate.

At the end of the day, it's all down to personal taste. If you like the look of it, then do it. Simple as that. It's not about jerkoffs and people being tryhards, it's all about personal taste & style.

I don't have any pics of how it was mounted....

All i can say mrbov, is call Mick @ Briffa Engineering in Malaga and he will be able to do the exact same off-centre polished drop tank with the straps for around $400-$450~. Or do it yourself LOL.

Post some pics when its done :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
My brother had a custom aluminium polished drop tank fabricated an fitted to his R33 GTS-t. No cutting of the chassis or this or that was required, and it looked bloody awesome.
Here's a few pics. This was after he sold the car to some guy in QLD. Used to be a WA car. The drop tank was done by Briffa Engineering in Perth. Sorry for sh!tty quality pics.
post-42973-1262141194_thumb.jpg
post-42973-1262141206_thumb.jpg

Was this a real drop tank or made to look real?
I might be doin it to my r33