SAU Community

Diy: 4wd To Rwd

kidafa

• 11 months later...
  • 6 years later...

All these years later, this was a huge help. Thanks OP.

99% sure having my front shaft u-joints serviced will fix the issues I’ve been having.

I’ve completely gone through my brakes and suspension. Pretty much every suspension arm, bushing, and ball joint have been replaced. 

I noticed I’m still getting a weird shuddering when I’m turning into a sloped entrance, off a main road. Goes away quickly. Other symptom was when I’m doing about 90-100km/h on long sweeping turns, I get this little wobble that feels like it’s coming from the front wheels. I straighten out, it goes away.

Got the front driveshaft out. PB Blaster and smacking the nuts by hitting your wrench with a hammer on them to kinda shock them… made it a breeze. They do want to round though. Will be replacing with new zinc plated 10.9 grade ones. But yeah my u joints are absolutely SMOKED (only 85,000 km, but just age I guess). I would be shocked if this doesn’t fix my issue.

There’s a driveline speciality chain in Washington state I’ll be dropping it off at. I’ve read they have serviced R32 GTR front shafts with no issues.

I know it’s been 3 years since you logged in, but thanks again OP.

IMG_1225.jpeg

• Like 1