SAU Community

My Welding Pics Thread

ISL33P

…..and this is for an up and coming Pro Compact 4 cylinder front runner. It was picked up today . The FE3 which should be packing some serious punch.

This is my favourite photo

06032011161.jpg

06032011162.jpg

06032011165.jpg

06032011167.jpg

06032011168.jpg

Next weekend is the RB30 Street Version group buy.

Happy Welding,

Ariel

Hi Ariel,

Great work! Who did you build this for? I bang around in the hipo fwd Mazda world and there is not many people building FE3's, so I probavbly know them! Out of curiosity for my own project, can you PM me with prices for something along these line please? :-)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Here is progress on the RB30 Street Version group buy. Pretty much finished and ready to go. 1 of them is a spare. I will have them all completed by next weekend.

27032011010-1.jpg

27032011006-1.jpg

27032011008.jpg

06062010992-1.jpg

27032011007.jpg

27032011019.jpg

27032011018.jpg

27032011020.jpg

Cheers,

Ariel

nice. just one question on the previous page pics. how do you get the injectors in if the rail is welded to the runners like that? i guess just have to lever it out of the way?

the rail mount is just bolted to the bottom of the rail so it makes it easy to take on and off

I am testing a new torch setup over the weekend on a ca18 manifold so lets hope it comes out even better

Edited by ISL33P

Nice looking work there.

Just a quick enquiry, a little down the track i'll be looking at getting a custom plenum for my rb30, however, due to my setup i want a plenum that is the same orrientation as a standard nissan plenum (ie; the intake and throttle body runs over the top of the engine). Just wondering if you would be able to do something like this? And roughly the costs? I'll be wanting a bigger sized throttle body. And also would like to replace my entire plenum (both the top part and the bottom part) as i'm wanting something that isn't going to hold my setup back.

Here's an engine bay picture:

post-77498-0-52738600-1301882841_thumb.jpg

And a link with some more info on my car (needs updating):

http://motamota.r31s...?topic=146624.0

The black intake pipe you see in the picture can be lengthened or shortened where needed but i figured it would be easiest if the throttle body remained in the same position so that the throttle cable connected as normal.

Like i said, i won't be doing this for some time (unless it turns out to be affordable sooner or i decide i want it done sooner) just wanting to know if you can do it, how much roughly, and any recomemmendations you have.

And should also mention that a forward faceing plenum would be no good to me.

Cheers for your time.

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...

Any pics of your torch etc? What is the best way to get into those tight spots around the runners, I have been welding for about 6 months and are getting pretty good, just some of the hard to get places throws me a bit.

Nothing special at all actually, just a wp20 watercooled torch, with now a cheap gas lens setup off ebay. I might extend the tungsten out to 5-6mm but apart from that I just crank the heat up for tight spots.

Cheers,

Ariel

• 3 weeks later...

Sure have Brad, with some very good results. Give me a buzz, I would certainly have some time for you.

I sure have, its really nice to work with and keep up the consistency.

unfortunately my machine is so basic it only has pulse frequency adjustment

it is fixed at

- 50/50 % on time

- 50% background current

• 1 month later...

Sick of custom plenums......well there is more coming LOL but for the time being, here are a couple of a surge tank and breather I made recently.

P5080123.jpg

P5080120.jpg

P5080104.jpg

P5080102.jpg

Coming so are catch cans, surge tanks, breather tanks, overflow bottles, wiper bottles, ABS covers, airboxes and more, so keep an eye on this thread on how they all come together

Edited by ISL33P

• 1 month later...

Hey mate epic welds and fab work u got going on I literally am in awe :-0

I am sheety and was just wondering if u do all of your ally welding with pulse ?

Do u use 4T button setup at all or foot petal aswell ?

Just curios mate your runs are awsome :-) can't wait to see more