SAU Community

R32 Gtr Digital Clock

GTRAAH

My shipping back would be by USPS Global Priority which would have tracking, but the cost of it would be added in the price of the repair. For the clock it would be around $25 vs the normal US price of $5. I've shipped many things back and forth all over the world. I was big into Tamiya RC cars for a long time and got great deals into and out of Japan and Australia. Very familiar with worldwide shipping none the less. I'm moving from New Mexico to Oregon on June 1st for work so I've suspended all repairs and incoming shipping until after I'm settled in up there, but I can easily take care of it once I'm all set up again. Repairs take me about 6 hours total including testing, but I can only do them on my days off. Turn around has still been fairly quick. Usually inside of a week. If you can't find a local service keep me in mind.

• 3 years later...
On 12/1/2014 at 5:38 PM, Samuel Leonard said:

Yes, it was the resistors under the VFD. I now have a rework station and I'm happy if people want to post them to me and I'll post them back. I live in SA. Just text or call

0431 398 657

Hey mate u still doin this or??

• 5 years later...

Sorry, I know this is an old one but just trying to get mine going and preserve all the items the car has from the factory.

It was completely dead. Have removed the display and reflowed and tested the resistors under there and that got it to power on but the buttons don't work.  So I replaced the buttons and reflowed every component on it but still no joy.

I guess the OKI chip is fried but just in case anyone came across something similar and fixed it, please let me know 👍