SAU Community

How Much $$ Needed?

GTRAAH

60k just for parts perhaps....

If you get a shop to do all the work with no sponsors - I would say closer to the 150k+ mark especially if your going from bone stock to balls out

Also you need to factor in breakages when attempting a 9 sec pass never a cheap process.

DirtGararge - Where are you? Should be able to provide some insight...

60k just for parts perhaps....

If you get a shop to do all the work with no sponsors - I would say closer to the 150k+ mark especially if your going from bone stock to balls out

Also you need to factor in breakages when attempting a 9 sec pass never a cheap process.

DirtGararge - Where are you? Should be able to provide some insight...

150k GEEEEEEEEZUSSSSS i cant seee where all of that money will goo... i was thinking more around the 50-60k i meannn lets say 10k max to forge everything plus labour 5000k turbo kits, 7000k other bits like fuel pump injectors cams etc. 3000k computer + tune ..... underbody strengthening diffs, arms etc 6000k.. and lets say another 20k for other bits + labour

I dont understand where 150k Can be put in ??

150k GEEEEEEEEZUSSSSS i cant seee where all of that money will goo... i was thinking more around the 50-60k i meannn lets say 10k max to forge everything plus labour 5000k turbo kits, 7000k other bits like fuel pump injectors cams etc. 3000k computer + tune ..... underbody strengthening diffs, arms etc 6000k.. and lets say another 20k for other bits + labour

I dont understand where 150k Can be put in ??

There's 3 options to look at:

1) Go to a workshop that has built a tried and true setup. If they are willing to build a car for you with this setup, you may get out of it cheaper.

2) Going your own direction with your own ideas. Then you will not only need to factor in building the car, but setup and fine tuning to get near your goal. There is a lot of time and money spent in R & D to get a car to go fast consistantly.

3) Go and buy a car that is near or close to your goal and develop from there. Normally this would be the cheapest route.

For all of your will also need to factor in the breaking of parts along your journey to get there, plus the driver too. The driver plays a big part in this.

It's easy to blow $150k on a race car just in the build setup and testing alone.

i reakon it would have to be getting up towards 100k.

think about it, there is tyres, diffs, axles, brakes, chassis strengthening, fuel supply, gearbox, engine.

going off what i have seen dirtgarage saying in the thread about andra banning e85 (and just pulling figures out of my pretty poor memory) the fuel system alone was getting close to 10k. drag tyres and rims, there's another few thousand. ecu and tuning would probably take another 10k. then a few thousand for a cage and harness and seats, etc. so there you would have close to 30k before you have touched the engine or drivetrain if you were paying someone to do it.

engine alone would have to easily take up 20k, probably more. just look at how much it costs to get a stock engine rebuilt. that will set you back a few thousand and that is using basic parts. then you would have the turbo and all the plumbing for it on top of that. that would probably eat up another 10k pretty easily. so there you have 60k without even getting to the gearbox or diffs.

also i should point out that i am guessing prices but basing them off what i think it would take to make it semi reliable (well as reliable as you can make a 9 second car). you could probably get into the 9's for less but you might only get a few passes before something lets go.

There's 3 options to look at:

1) Go to a workshop that has built a tried and true setup. If they are willing to build a car for you with this setup, you may get out of it cheaper.

2) Going your own direction with your own ideas. Then you will not only need to factor in building the car, but setup and fine tuning to get near your goal. There is a lot of time and money spent in R & D to get a car to go fast consistantly.

3) Go and buy a car that is near or close to your goal and develop from there. Normally this would be the cheapest route.

For all of your will also need to factor in the breaking of parts along your journey to get there, plus the driver too. The driver plays a big part in this.

It's easy to blow $150k on a race car just in the build setup and testing alone.

[/quote

your right its easy to blow money my car is in the 11 sec barrier and so far ive put in 14k in labour and parts, Gearbox internals , underbody diffs etc all stock.. Im running only 316awkw on the -5 turbos i dont think id want to put it in the 9 sec i think thats too scary for the street, As i want a fast street runner, but nothing over the top. id work my way in the 10sec forsure tho.. I was just curious if anyone out there has done a 9sec build and how much they had to fork out..

i reakon it would have to be getting up towards 100k.

think about it, there is tyres, diffs, axles, brakes, chassis strengthening, fuel supply, gearbox, engine.

going off what i have seen dirtgarage saying in the thread about andra banning e85 (and just pulling figures out of my pretty poor memory) the fuel system alone was getting close to 10k. drag tyres and rims, there's another few thousand. ecu and tuning would probably take another 10k. then a few thousand for a cage and harness and seats, etc. so there you would have close to 30k before you have touched the engine or drivetrain if you were paying someone to do it.

engine alone would have to easily take up 20k, probably more. just look at how much it costs to get a stock engine rebuilt. that will set you back a few thousand and that is using basic parts. then you would have the turbo and all the plumbing for it on top of that. that would probably eat up another 10k pretty easily. so there you have 60k without even getting to the gearbox or diffs.

also i should point out that i am guessing prices but basing them off what i think it would take to make it semi reliable (well as reliable as you can make a 9 second car). you could probably get into the 9's for less but you might only get a few passes before something lets go.

Forgot about the tyres, axles, cage, fuel supply, gearbox.. Yehh that sounds too scaryy lol