SAU Community

Rb25 + Gt3076r

rad100

hey all.

just purchased a gt3076r .82

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.p...roducts_id=1023

now i need to mount my external wastegate but i only have the stock rb25 exhaust manifold..

the manifold has been ported to flow better.

so my Question is where do i put the external wastegate??

i have herd of ppl putting adator plates between turbo and manifold but where do i find a Vband adaptor?

i have also herd ppl weld them to the stock manifold?

or is it best to get a manifold with wastegate spot?

i dont wanna spend $1300 on a 6boost either (i know there awsome)

cheers all..

oh.. so get a hole made in the exhaust housing of the turbo?

does this mean disassebling the turbo?

so cut a hole weld a vband adaptor on and then add wastegate?

i just dont wanna mess around with the turbo..

hmm..

oh.. so get a hole made in the exhaust housing of the turbo?

does this mean disassebling the turbo?

so cut a hole weld a vband adaptor on and then add wastegate?

i just dont wanna mess around with the turbo..

hmm..

Weld a small outcropping off the turbine housing, it has to be done in the right spot/angle though i believe as there is a wrong and a right way.

Although, that turbo will do over 300rwkw, and it's known that the stock manifold is very much a problem so honestly you would be better off saving and putting on a decent manifold.

I have a .82 rear housing for sale with the pipe welded to the housing for a wastegate. Done by Kyle from 6BOOST.

After $400 for it.

The housing is also ceramic-coated.

post-32255-1264196476_thumb.jpg

This was high mounted so you might need to cut the pipe and rotate it to clear the strut tower, might not though.

I'm not sure but isnt the turbine housing cast iron as well as the stock manifold which might crack if not welded properly???

If so why not just weld in a pipe off the manifold as close as possible to the flange instead of messing with the housing.

A stock manifold is far cheaper and easier to get than a turbine housing!

thanks dave but im gonna get someone to weld onto mine.

will have a crack with the manifold adaptor but dont think it will clear the strut tower.

ill just weld an adaptor to the top of the exhaust manifold.. and save up for a 6boost..

just a meantime thing just to get car back on the road.

id rather not touch the turbo for re-sale purposes but might just have to..

Edited by rad32

theres nothing really wrong with doing the adaptor with gate pipe route. I've done a few cars like that and they have made decent power (around the 300 mark) with stock exhaust manifolds and low mount still. while it might not be optimal for the last poofteenth of power. it does work and allows decent packaging in the engine bay.

theres nothing really wrong with doing the adaptor with gate pipe route. I've done a few cars like that and they have made decent power (around the 300 mark) with stock exhaust manifolds and low mount still. while it might not be optimal for the last poofteenth of power. it does work and allows decent packaging in the engine bay.

These adaptors you've used are custom designs???

All i have seen being sold have threaded holes for use with studs on both ends so a nut would not work to tighten it up to the manifold even if the threads were drilled out on one side to accommodate the existing studs on the manifold, especially the side with the port for the wg there is simply no room for a nut

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ad...Ma-t299964.html

ok so i sorted my issue and bought a hks cast manifold.. now the standard 35mm wastegate wont be suitable so i been looking at 50mm..

came across this.. http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...at=0&page=1

would this be suitable to bolt onto the hks wastegate port?

i dot have $800 to spend on a tial or turbosmart atm..

cheers

What makes you say the 35mm w/g wont be suitable, the turbo that came with that kit isnt much smaller than what you have. Whats the minimum boost you want to run. My 50mm on HKS manifold would happily run down to 10 psi with a bigger turbo than a 3076

Edited by Adriano

Read the FI Guide - has a link detailing wastegate sizing, how to calculate rather than "someone told me".

Although you want to get as close to 19psi as you possibly can, less work the boost controller has to do the better