Gough R34 GT-T

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Half way there.

Had to use some plastic filler on the back of "26" because it is pressed out and would have been a hole once I shaved it off. So did that and shaved the "26" off and turned out pretty damn good. Just says RB :D

Then cut the hole for the VCT which was a pain in the ass, not 100% happy with it, will fix it up a bit today.

Started shaving back that backing plate but it was getting late so I will finish that off today.

Then just need to paint it and i'm done

I might be if the car is running. In a hundred pieces at the moment. God I hate taking the harmonic balancer/timing belt off.

Got the backing plate cut nicely now, everything fits.

Just gotta put it all back together tomorrow and install the new oil seal and thermostat.

Well I think I f**ked up that RB26 front timing cover god damnit!

Went to paint it and had it perfect. Did a quick undercoat and then when I put the blue on it went all bubbly and shit. No idea what happened but I had to spend 20 minutes getting all the paint off. In the process the part where I shaved the "26" off cracked and went to shit and I can't get it smooth again.

Gave it a bit of paint then but it looks crap and doesn't even match the colour of the other ones.

Just f**king great.

I think i'm just going to rip them all off and send them to get powder coated at the same time. So over this.

I just gave it a final coat then and then i'm chucking it back together. So over it lol.

Looks kind of OK I suppose, I'll show you next time to see what you think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I think I f**ked up that RB26 front timing cover god damnit!

Went to paint it and had it perfect. Did a quick undercoat and then when I put the blue on it went all bubbly and shit. No idea what happened but I had to spend 20 minutes getting all the paint off. In the process the part where I shaved the "26" off cracked and went to shit and I can't get it smooth again.

Gave it a bit of paint then but it looks crap and doesn't even match the colour of the other ones.

Just f**king great.

I think i'm just going to rip them all off and send them to get powder coated at the same time. So over this.

Hey Phil. I dont know if this helps, but I had a similar problem when we re-sprayed the engine bay in my old VL. When sanding it back we didnt take it back to bare metal just sanded the top coat off. Pretty sure we didnt get all of the clear coat in one area and it made the base coat go all strange and almost like little holes (Inverted bubbles I guess is a good way to describe it, might be similar to what your describing)

Funny thing is the undercoat went on perfect and we prepped that as normal.... Then the base (metallic) coat went on with this strange problem. Ended up getting it as good as possible then putting the clear coat on.

So it may have had to do with the prep? I'm not sure how far you sanded it back etc so just a guess

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Townsville skyline owners. Any of you know who a good person is for wheel alignment for track cars here in the ville. there's a bit of suspension work I want to do to my 32 and want an experienced hand who can help me out along the way and answer some of my q's in terms of costing etc etc. I don't know anyone round here and hoping you guys could give me some sort of clue. appreciate any help