SAU Community

'lost Birds' R33 Gtr

mad082, are you talking about the gaps where there are bends/lines in the body panels?

I actually really like those, they're more defined on GTR's and I think that's part of what makes them look nicer than gtst's, so leaving those lines is really doing it for me =D

Although to be honest all of this is doing it for me anyway. It's just a matter of opinion I guess?

Yeah, that was my one request was to leave the body lines. To me it's one of the elements that will keep it from looking like a complete jumble at a distance. It's basically a reverse pinstripe. It wouldn't have been hard to draw over them, you're right. It will probably look much better and make more sense when the car is in one piece.

she is so good at doing those designs. i dare you to let her tattoo you once she's done with the car!

I'm seriously considering getting something done with this design. I have 15 tattoos already so it couldn't hurt. :-)

last night progress. almost finished this today but I forgot the camera.

DSC_0131.jpg

i must say that i may be going to steal this idea, but not for a car. i am doing up an old trike (adults tricycle - i own a bike shop for those who don't know) and i'm thinking that after i paint it i might have the missus draw something on it (i can't even draw a stick figure without it looking retarded, so i'm not even going to bother picking up the pen). will post that up when i get around to it. i've been working on getting the trike done for about 3 years now. after about a month i had it sanded and primered. the rest of the time it has been sitting in the corner. but going to buy a compressor tomorrow (so i can paint my car as well) so it should get done soon.

i must say that i may be going to steal this idea, but not for a car. i am doing up an old trike (adults tricycle - i own a bike shop for those who don't know) and i'm thinking that after i paint it i might have the missus draw something on it (i can't even draw a stick figure without it looking retarded, so i'm not even going to bother picking up the pen). will post that up when i get around to it. i've been working on getting the trike done for about 3 years now. after about a month i had it sanded and primered. the rest of the time it has been sitting in the corner. but going to buy a compressor tomorrow (so i can paint my car as well) so it should get done soon.

no problem to me! This isn't the first time a car/bike has been drawn on, so I'm a copycat too.. Personally though. my unbiased opinion is that this car will look better than the Lambo...haha.

here's the first part of this update. I also have a time lapse video of the remaining front fender that is almost finished. 3 hours in under a minute!

DSC_2227.jpg

DSC_2232.jpg

DSC_2236.jpg

Just marry the girl mate. Thats awesome. :cool:

hmmm, ring or... turbos! haha it's bound to happen I guess, but not just yet.

nice work

thanks!

put one of the fenders back on and took some pics out of the garage. also made the pictures a little larger because it's kinda hard to the whole idea when they are small.

DSC_2007-1.jpg

DSC_2008-1.jpg

4378377050_8635c03d49_b.jpg

DSC_2016.jpg

DSC_2018-1.jpg

...and then the 'sad' side of the car. that's not rust at the bottom either, just dirt I didn't clean off yet since the other side was priority.

DSC_2020-1.jpg

Weeee, coming along!