SAU Community

Which Radiator Fits?

DaveB

Hi all,

Before you say "use the search button" I've searched and found some conflicting advice; I read that R33 fits, and R34 fits?

I've contacted a Natrad dealer here in SA but it's been a couple of days now and nobody seems to know anything. JustJap have got alloy radiators for a good price but no autos.

Could you help by filling in the table... I'll start with what I "know" from reading the posts here... Obviously the manuals should suit their manual equivalent

Series 1 auto = R33 auto radiator, stagea fan shroud will bolt back on?

Series 2 auto = (R33 or R34 auto radiator)? stagea fan shroud will bolt back on?

ive fitted KOYO 53mm R34 GTT radiator, no problem. Didnt worry about auto radiator, no need, slight mod to side of factory shroud.

how much did u pay?

i just got the just jap 40mm one for $365 inc postage, just wondering if i could have gotten something better for the price

That's great stuff, thanks guys. So we could say that R34 fits S2, with slight modification to factory fan shroud? Could you tell us what you had to do to the fan shroud exactly (like cut some off, or reposition the bolt holes etc?)

Well, looks like it's no good. After lots of research and phone calls, I can't find:

a) anything alloy with the auto trans cooler

b) anything to suit R33 or R34 with the auto trans cooler which is thicker than 16mm

So it looks like I have to ditch the auto trans loop and put up with the longer time to warm-up. Just have to drive it harder in lower gears or something :blink: because the only option I have found is a custom-made alloy job with trans cooler for over $900. I suppose I should be grateful for that price though really since a genuine Nissan job is over $1,000 and that's only 16mm thick and has plastic end tanks!

One more question guys... are R33/R34 top & bottom radiator hoses the same? And which one suits Series 2 Stagea? :| I've FAST'ed for ages and they look different to R34 skyline... but I couldn't find a VIN for a turbo, which may be the same...?

One more question guys... are R33/R34 top & bottom radiator hoses the same? And which one suits Series 2 Stagea? :| I've FAST'ed for ages and they look different to R34 skyline... but I couldn't find a VIN for a turbo, which may be the same...?

Dave get them to check as there is a Radiator that`s same as Stagea i did chat to my guy here he found then ,+ it was thicker then stock on in mine ,as i toke him mine & one from 32gtst he looked & found them all in his BOOK ADRAD so get them to look harder & i think Price was about $450 & that was for Auto ok ,I will try to find out some detail`s sunday from him ok ,cheer`s Chuckie .

I fitted a brand new rad to our S2 auto 12 months ago. It was supplied by my local rad shop. It is an 1" core rad. Printed on the label was: Jayrad Radiators, JR6772J, AE02A, PL-020444. Hope this helps.

Thanks Skidkid and Chuckie; yes I called the Adrad distributor and he was good enough to search for me, spent some time on the phone to him, however he didn't know about anything for stagea and I suggested 33 or 34, but we only managed to come up with NIS068PACAK which has the plastic end tanks and is only 16mm thick.

Oh, and a price from a dealer was around the $550 mark.

I guess if I actually took my radiator in they might be able to find something. 1" (25mm) is thicker than 16mm too so I might check that one out.

Thanks Skidkid and Chuckie; yes I called the Adrad distributor and he was good enough to search for me, spent some time on the phone to him, however he didn't know about anything for stagea and I suggested 33 or 34, but we only managed to come up with NIS068PACAK which has the plastic end tanks and is only 16mm thick.

Oh, and a price from a dealer was around the $550 mark.

I guess if I actually took my radiator in they might be able to find something. 1" (25mm) is thicker than 16mm too so I might check that one out.

Hi Dave ,We did find TOP TANK ,but no bottom tank ,as it`s TOPTANK that give`s up first ,i have talked to my Rad man this morning i shall meet him in week & get all DETAIL`S again & POST THEM UP ok ,but i know that the one we found was 25mm thick so that will be much better then all current one`s ,cheer`s Chuckie.

Cheers Chuckie, I think that is the go; I will take the radiator to the radiator place Monday afternoon and try to get hold of this 25mm core radiator that is a direct replacement; I am now armed with the Jayrad part number just in case they don't know what fits :happy:

As you say, 25mm is better than 16mm. And it is less than the 16mm Nat/Adrad replacement.

Buy a R33 ebay 40mm special for $200(delivered) and fit a trans oil cooler from supercheap $50.

If it ever leaks, just TIG it up!!!

lol OH to have a TIG welder in the garage... and the experience to use it without blowing holes in the work. Unfortunately I already have a good trans cooler (the stock one) but I need a trans *warmer* :) Funnily enough this is foreign to all of the radiator experts I have talked to... maybe it is true what they say, take your job to an 'expert'. And the trans expert says I need a trans warmer...

Been running without an auto radiator for 4 years, no problems (in qld), from what ive read and heard, including local transmission guys, it's only needed in cold temp areas, its a common bypass.

Hmm yeah I guess it's pretty hot in Queensland :)

Anybody know which radiator hoses (top & bottom) fit for us series 2 guys, by the way?

...and are R33/R34/GTR hoses the same?

Hmm yeah I guess it's pretty hot in Queensland :)

Anybody know which radiator hoses (top & bottom) fit for us series 2 guys, by the way?

...and are R33/R34/GTR hoses the same?

im gonna go with r33 gtst, same chasis same motor, if you get gtr stuff it may be different cos of the awesomeness of the rb26's