SAU Community

1jzget Vs Rb25det

rang nizzpro back up yesterday and told them that the 1jz was what i wanted done. my reasons being that i started this hole project with wanting a 1jz and if i had decided to go a rb25, i wouldv just sold the shell and bought a r33 (which i wasn't really interested in, because i much like the 32 better). so by powerplay in may it should be on the track burning some rubber :( cheers for the input

1jz no shit :)

Edited by crazy.mofo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course a 1JZ will pull harder then an R33 GTST... the GTST is down on a good 20kw of power...

NEO vs VVTi 1JZ... well my R34 raced a JZX100 chaser and I won by about two car lengths. Zorsts as the only mod.

A neo RB25 will go in alot easier... it would have been my pick.

Well done mate you wont be disapointed. I see your in brissy I'd love to catch up with you when youve got it finished! im very interested too see how a 1J goes in such a light body.

Cheers

if your going to go to the effort of putting a 1j in then why not just go the 2j instead and use a r154 box? the 2j is worth stuff all more in the grand scheme of things and the 1j is not exactly a standout engine worth spending $7500 to get done. Buy a toyota supra mk3 or mz20 soarer and do the 1j it will cost bugger all as everything is bolt in.

2JZ half cuts / long engines command much more money than 1JZ.

I prefer the feel of the RB25 personally...it's a much more responsive engine; feels more fun to drive than the 1JZ and much easier to work on.

But if you're chasing big power and something different, the 1JZ is where it's at. Very torquey engines that just seem to pull and pull at any speed in any gear as long as you are on boost. They are very strong in the bottom end and never feel like you're killing them when you take them to redline. But off boost they are quite laggy due to the twin turbo setup. They have heavy ass flywheels and they sound like vacuum cleaners. Also the R154 is tough as nails but it becomes a pain in the ass to shift in a daily driver...it's a truck box with a short gearstick on it.

no no don't do what he says do what i say

no seeriously

good choice on the 1J. IMO

this is literally a pissing contest however - guys are like that. their opinion is the better option

what i WILL say however - if going the 1J - which i see you are - get a VVTI and single

much torquey-er motor. better balanced, more refined. better on fuel (i know it's a race car shut your face) it's just a better engine - YEAH it costs mroe but not MUCH more in the big scheme of things.

EDIT - another thing - 1J twin turbo is at LEAST now 14-15 years old... if you're transplanting an engine do you really want to invest money in something THAT OLD???

personally i'd have just bought an S2000

but

that's just me. and i'm better than any of you.

Edited by Mr Eps

Well done mate you wont be disapointed. I see your in brissy I'd love to catch up with you when youve got it finished! im very interested too see how a 1J goes in such a light body.

Cheers

yer mate il shoot u a pm when its up and running. meet up some time and we can take it 4 a spin :P

I prefer the feel of the RB25 personally...it's a much more responsive engine; feels more fun to drive than the 1JZ and much easier to work on.

But if you're chasing big power and something different, the 1JZ is where it's at. Very torquey engines that just seem to pull and pull at any speed in any gear as long as you are on boost. They are very strong in the bottom end and never feel like you're killing them when you take them to redline. But off boost they are quite laggy due to the twin turbo setup. They have heavy ass flywheels and they sound like vacuum cleaners. Also the R154 is tough as nails but it becomes a pain in the ass to shift in a daily driver...it's a truck box with a short gearstick on it.

not going to be a daily driver so im not worried. imma going single turbo, just my personal preference :)

yeah but he's not gay either y'know

lol

i don't get the haricut reference and as for the gay thing you guys need moar jokes

and - you're buying it for track purposes yes?

S2K is costlier than $7500 granted

but thats $7500 for ENGINE CONVERSION, not "the car" as a whole

being a track only car - you can import a De-Reg japanese one - no compliance - no rego.

so in reality an S2k really isn't "that" unattainable at all...

i don't get the haricut reference and as for the gay thing you guys need moar jokes

and - you're buying it for track purposes yes?

S2K is costlier than $7500 granted

but thats $7500 for ENGINE CONVERSION, not "the car" as a whole

being a track only car - you can import a De-Reg japanese one - no compliance - no rego.

so in reality an S2k really isn't "that" unattainable at all...

yes it will mainly be used on track, but is also gonna be registerd so i can drive it to the track, or spirited drives over the hills :(. i picked the shell up for about 1.5g, and im getting everything else i need for about 10g. way i look at it, 11g for a kinda different car is well worth it :D

You can make big power with a 25 too you know :laugh: