SAU Community

1jzget Vs Rb25det

Eps there is no limit to your gayness, that hypocrisy wasn't even funny.

You can make big power with a 25 too you know :blink:

Oh for sure, I'm in the process of doing it myself...but it was so easy and reliable with the 1JZ. Didn't need half the supporting mods to back it up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eps there is no limit to your gayness, that hypocrisy wasn't even funny.

Oh for sure, I'm in the process of doing it myself...but it was so easy and reliable with the 1JZ. Didn't need half the supporting mods to back it up.

That's where its cheaper for the 1J, bottom end is bullet proof unlike the Rb25 over @ 300RwKw, 1J injectors good for @250 RwKw - Rb25 runout by 200Rwkw, the manual toyota box is a bit how ya going shift wise (R154) but plenty around behind 2J cars so definately strong enough. Dump pipes for the factory twins are a challenge, but I made 2 x 2.5" ones for my Cressida and got them to fit around the steering, so it is all doable. 1J for the win, they are a great motor. :down:

Agree 100%. R154 is great for drag racing...you can give it hell but my mother earned herself something of a damaged shoulder from driving the car. It's an R series box, big brother of the R150 and R151. There's a bloke in melbourne doing single turbo conversions on Soarers, quite reliably so I've heard and the results are pretty awesome with minimal supporting mods.

The biggest pain in the ass with the 1JZ in any vehicle (but particularly Soarer because it sits back in the engine bay) is playing around with the rear-most turbo. Just installing a bleed valve is hand hurty.

2JZ half cuts / long engines command much more money than 1JZ.

I prefer the feel of the RB25 personally...it's a much more responsive engine; feels more fun to drive than the 1JZ and much easier to work on.

But if you're chasing big power and something different, the 1JZ is where it's at. Very torquey engines that just seem to pull and pull at any speed in any gear as long as you are on boost. They are very strong in the bottom end and never feel like you're killing them when you take them to redline. But off boost they are quite laggy due to the twin turbo setup. They have heavy ass flywheels and they sound like vacuum cleaners.

1JZ's do NOT sound like vacuum cleaners.... I had a JZA70 with twin high mount HKS turbos with dual pods (no AFM to worry about), PFC and supporting mods and it sounded f**king insane. Had this tough deep sound til about 4k when all hell broke loose. They rev out like you wouldn't believe even with completely standard internals. I ran this setup on 20 psi on pump fuel as a daily driver for a year with no problems.

Even with a pod and exhaust they sound pretty angry....

Also, the twin turbo 1J's are not all that more laggy than the single turbo vvti 1J's. It is not a difference like 2500rpm compared to 4000rpm with the twins like posted above. With a decent twin dump setup, free flowing exhaust and a pod I'd say it would be every but as responsive as an RB25 with similar mods. The oem twin turbos are also capable of 230-240KW at the wheels (with supporting mods) which is considerably higher than what the single turbo on the vvti motor is capable of.

yes but i'd also like to add that birds can die in a fire

and then i'd further like to add that peak power output or not regardless - the VVTI in the single creates twice the amount of torque than the twin, that's a common known fact - the driving style of the engine is completely different - power peak HP or not - the VVTI is a faster engine... regardless of numbers on paper - pound for pound vvti 1J is king

by saying vvti 1J i REALLY mean birds

and by saying king i mean

gay.

the twin turbo 1J's are not all that more laggy than the single turbo vvti 1J's. It is not a difference like 2500rpm compared to 4000rpm with the twins like posted above.

Now I dont think non VVT's are crap but.....

1JZ GTE - 363 NM @ 4800

VVTi - 379 NM @ 2400

RB25NEO - 362 @ 3200

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_JZ_engine#1JZ-GTE :down:

Edited by Flipmo

yes but i'd also like to add that birds can die in a fire

and then i'd further like to add that peak power output or not regardless - the VVTI in the single creates twice the amount of torque than the twin, that's a common known fact - the driving style of the engine is completely different - power peak HP or not - the VVTI is a faster engine... regardless of numbers on paper - pound for pound vvti 1J is king

by saying vvti 1J i REALLY mean birds

and by saying king i mean

gay.

Interesting fact is that the twin turbo 1jz's are actually quicker down the quarter in standardish trim (i.e. exhaust, intake and fmic) as was found out on jzx100.com. Use to be on there fairly often and found a thread about it apparently it's because the twin turbo's are actually a bit better in top end. The same result was found over many many drag days although a contributing factory could be the jzx100 weighing a fair bit more than the jzx90 although i do not think the weight difference is all that much

1JZ's do NOT sound like vacuum cleaners.... I had a JZA70 with twin high mount HKS turbos with dual pods (no AFM to worry about), PFC and supporting mods and it sounded f**king insane. Had this tough deep sound til about 4k when all hell broke loose. They rev out like you wouldn't believe even with completely standard internals. I ran this setup on 20 psi on pump fuel as a daily driver for a year with no problems.

i'd have to say they sound more like cows than vaccum cleaners.

seriously there is a few that used to always turn up to motorkhanas and they both sounded like cows mooing when they take off. and the other ones in town sound similar, but not quite as bovine like.

also what lets toyota down with when it comes to their cars is the interior. the dash on the soarer and the supra are the 2 sole reasons i would never own one.

soarers are nice marc you prince of gayness (Eps is king LOLZ OH NO HE DI-DN'T!)

people who whinge about gearboxes are always fags, try driving a VX SS T56 gearbox THEN compare it to everything else.

Also hamish (can I call you mi mi?), i think that we have got the hint that you have 300rwkw, I assume genuine Garrett housings and not a hypergear or HPIAB setup?