SAU Community

Power Fc Help

I have googled this many times and read all the power fc instructions etc and guides,

But i have just installed my Power fc and the car wont start, its a rb25det r33 s2

Its the right model and comes up as rb25det on the hand controller, ive turned the boost controller kit off, and i have reset it many times and the car just wont start,

The senor check shows no warnings or flashing lights so everythings ok there,

Could it be the earthing? or would that not make the hand controller work? or the powering etc? how do you check?

Iv run out of ideas...im worried iv brought a 2nd hand lemon and dont want to take it to a shop quite yet unless its my only option now?

im worried its faulty! :blink:

thankyou,, your help is really appreciated!

I have googled this many times and read all the power fc instructions etc and guides,

But i have just installed my Power fc and the car wont start, its a rb25det r33 s2

Its the right model and comes up as rb25det on the hand controller, ive turned the boost controller kit off, and i have reset it many times and the car just wont start,

The senor check shows no warnings or flashing lights so everythings ok there,

Could it be the earthing? or would that not make the hand controller work? or the powering etc? how do you check?

Iv run out of ideas...im worried iv brought a 2nd hand lemon and dont want to take it to a shop quite yet unless its my only option now?

im worried its faulty! :blink:

thankyou,, your help is really appreciated!

Is there any power to the car at all??

Headlights, horn etc.i have an r34 GTT and it used to have no power whatsoever on some occasions. headlight, interior lights, couldnt even use the central locking, like there was no battery.

Took me a while to figure out what was going on, as i had put neons underneath and only happened after they had been installed. i rang my mate who helped with the installation and he said disconect them. so i did and it fixed the problem. But what it was is when i touched the battery terminal it earthed through me i guess and then started no probs. So u may have a faulty earth. lift the bonnet and touch both terminals of your battery and see if that helps.

does it turn over? maybe you bought a series 1 power fc. series 1 rb25's have ignitor on the coil pack cover. series 2 have individual ignitors built in to the coil packs themselves

How do i tell if its a series 1 or 2 ecu?

It turns over but just doesnt fire up

check that when you titghened the centre bolt that the plug did no banana, sometimes only the centre get pulled down and the two outer edges dont seat fully. Firmly push each end it all the way. If not listen for the fuel pump prime whilst cranking. It is quite common for dead PFC's to light up but give no fuel pump prime signal.

does it turn over? maybe you bought a series 1 power fc. series 1 rb25's have ignitor on the coil pack cover. series 2 have individual ignitors built in to the coil packs themselves

theres no such thing as a s1 pfc. all 25 pfc's are the same and work on both s1 and s2

start with the basics, check for fuel and spark

read the PFC FAQ in my signature, it includes a section on car not starting

check the basics

i assume it works on the std ECU, does the car have any stange mods? any wierd boxes or wiring loom hacks etc?

ECT, SENSOR SW CHECK

what are the values of

AFM1

02-1

WTRT

TPS

NTR

please let us know

read the PFC FAQ in my signature, it includes a section on car not starting

check the basics

i assume it works on the std ECU, does the car have any stange mods? any wierd boxes or wiring loom hacks etc?

ECT, SENSOR SW CHECK

what are the values of

AFM1

02-1

WTRT

TPS

NTR

please let us know

AF-1 is 0.22v

02-1 is 0.4v

WTRT is 3.48v

TPS is missing??? i dont see it on there...

NTR is on...got the black dot filled in

My bost is at 0.00v is that a problem?

Actually ill write them all up>>

AF-1: 0.22V

THRO: 0.45V

BOST: 0.00V

WTRT: 3.48V

02-1: 0.04V

EXTM: 5.00V

IGN: black dot on

STR: off

A/C: off

PWS: off

NTR: on

ECC: on

WRN: off

EXT: off

F/P: off

FP1: off but voltage goes on when i try start it

VTC: off

02H: off

ACR: off

Sorry i couldnt take a picture, hopefully this might help

Edited by R33 0wnerrr

ah yeah sorry its called THRO

they all seem normal

read the PFC FAQ, for some strange reason if a given fuse is missing (the FAQ has which one) the car wont start with the PFC, but will with the stock ECU

ah yeah sorry its called THRO

they all seem normal

read the PFC FAQ, for some strange reason if a given fuse is missing (the FAQ has which one) the car wont start with the PFC, but will with the stock ECU

Ive been reading through your pfc faq but i cant seem to find out were it says which particular fuse in the faq like u said above, should i be looking for missing fuses in my fuse box in my dash, aswell as the ones in the boot and in the engine bay?

yeah its defintely in there

why it occurs, we dont know, but have seen it on a number of cars

stock ECU works fine

PFC doesn't start, check the fuse, it's missing, install fuse, car starts

im not even sure what fuse it's meant to be, ie what is the socket wired to ?

yeah its defintely in there

why it occurs, we dont know, but have seen it on a number of cars

stock ECU works fine

PFC doesn't start, check the fuse, it's missing, install fuse, car starts

im not even sure what fuse it's meant to be, ie what is the socket wired to ?

I checked the fuses...every single one...there all fine and i had those engine controll the "missing fuse" already in my fuse box and checked it and it wasnt blown or anything...checked the ones in the engine bay, and also the onese in the boot...there all fine... but there was one fuse i have missing the 2nd from top right hand corner called A/T 10amp one, but a fuse wont go into it because there is nothing hooked up to it.... so dont think thats to worry about?

Ive opened up the ecu aswell to check if its blown or anything...cant see anything...but the hand controller or anything wouldnt work would it if the ecu is stuffed would it?

car sounds so close to fireing up but just keeps turning over...any other ideas?

maybe the ecu is stuffed....i took the ecu out and the car dash lights and everything turns on and works, and the car even turns over all without an ecu plugged in....so it works the same as having no ecu when the power fc is plugged in except the hand controller works.... how do u tell if the ecu is stuffed?

maybe the ecu is stuffed....i took the ecu out and the car dash lights and everything turns on and works, and the car even turns over all without an ecu plugged in....so it works the same as having no ecu when the power fc is plugged in except the hand controller works.... how do u tell if the ecu is stuffed?

plug the stock one in, if it starts the PFC is U/S.

Try initailizing the pfc aswell then try starting it before you do anything else, it may have a real weird map in it for big injectors and AFm etc..

plug the stock one in, if it starts the PFC is U/S.

Try initailizing the pfc aswell then try starting it before you do anything else, it may have a real weird map in it for big injectors and AFm etc..

Yea i already reset it to its default settings many times...not working....this is such a pain!