SAU Community

The Ls1 R33 Of Fury

MBS206

If you really want to go NA than consider getting a RB26 head so you can rev it harder plus you get ITBs from factory...If you sell all of your current head, manifold, injectors etc than you will be close to getting the GTR head.

see....that shut everyone up....

the problem is that cars without turbos are gay. see the issue?

Ha ha ha, I agree whole heartedly with you Duncan, I want nothing more then to keep the flutter BUT, is it not true, those who started small, in lower powered, worse handling cars and perservered generally learnt to go quicker then those who just throw money at a car?

I'm chasing lap times, and want to do it by clean, fast driving, NOT throwing more power in.

If you really want to go NA than consider getting a RB26 head so you can rev it harder plus you get ITBs from factory...If you sell all of your current head, manifold, injectors etc than you will be close to getting the GTR head.

If I do 100% go an NA (There's a high likely hood) then I'll be selling the mani and turbo+wastegate for sure, and I'd love a 26 head... So I might just do that...

Tempted to throw me an offer on it all?

what about going back to a standardish (hi-flow low mount turbo?)

Or ill swap you my un-used brand spankers turbo for your setup :D

What's your setup?

I'm keen on swaps for something smaller so long as it's new new... Is your setup egay style or proper?

The ole' high flow setup still runs out of puff about around 5000RPM.

What I'd be looking at is something a TOUCH larger (If not the same size as) a GT3076R. But to change that is manifold, turbo, and dump. To me ~$3000 worth of change over...

i have a hypergear ATR43 g3 with a .82ar rear housing (similar specs to a 3071 but a touch larger), new stainless bell mouth dumpipe i can also give you a std....lol.....manifold and oil/waters lines and fittings...and shtuff

i have a hypergear ATR43 g3 with a .82ar rear housing (similar specs to a 3071 but a touch larger), new stainless bell mouth dumpipe i can also give you a std....lol.....manifold and oil/waters lines and fittings...and shtuff

That's an extremely tempting swap.

You do realise how ridiculous this turbo is on the circuit and the smoke plumes it makes? (Was going to test it with a oil pressure regulator) to see if it could be avoided.

We need to talk more in detail, I pmd you MSN details earlier if you have it?

those who just throw money at a car?

Yeah, I know for a fact that doesnt make a car go quick, lol, Just get that oil issue fixed and don't rev the guts out of it and it should last.

I recon you'll like a (low - medium) boosted turbs more than a NA, unless its a V8, remember its not how many kiilerwasps you have, its set up and driver.(damn you Chubbs and your 65kw car,LOL.)

Yeah, I know for a fact that doesnt make a car go quick, lol, Just get that oil issue fixed and don't rev the guts out of it and it should last.

I recon you'll like a (low - medium) boosted turbs more than a NA, unless its a V8, remember its not how many kiilerwasps you have, its set up and driver.(damn you Chubbs and your 65kw car,LOL.)

The thoughts of NA were mainly because going to a newer, better designed more efficient (better matched) turbo, would cost alot more then N/A with some cheap new pistons added...

That and the sound of 8500RPM with the shortest induction possible was going to be beautiful... But that may change... As I said, this is the drawing board stages right now.

well....that is a different story. If you really want to learn to drive (or at least get 100% from the car's capability) sell the liner and buy an under 2l IPRA car. No better way to learn the value of accurate car placement and mid corner speed. The sort of car that when you mash the throttle nothing happens :D

seriously though....learning to use all of the car's ability is about seat time (mostly) and instruction (often). spending money on the motor or time in the garage will give you neither unfortunately...shame because that's all I ever do too.....

well....that is a different story. If you really want to learn to drive (or at least get 100% from the car's capability) sell the liner and buy an under 2l IPRA car. No better way to learn the value of accurate car placement and mid corner speed. The sort of car that when you mash the throttle nothing happens :D

seriously though....learning to use all of the car's ability is about seat time (mostly) and instruction (often). spending money on the motor or time in the garage will give you neither unfortunately...shame because that's all I ever do too.....

and me...but i dont even have a garage atm lol

you have too many car problems, obviously turbo is beyond your abilities if you are thinking of NAing it.. you need an SR20DE pulsar.

:)

The turbo at 1 Bar makes this tihng lay sideways coming on boost in 3rd... Which is around 130KM/H... That's with semis on as well! Yep... It's definitely beyond my ability! LOL

But... It does good skids! LOL

Edit: And Duncan, definitely does seat time + instruction improve driving 10 fold!

That Texi day was one of the most fun days I've had in ages, and learnt so much. I was so glad I took the liner there for it's first locked diff outing.

Edit: And I'm off to find out some info from those running E85...

id say give the 11:1 + smallish turbo a go, though you will have to run E85 or some race fuel i dont think 98 will like 11:1+ boost without water meth injection (another option if E85 is not easily available).

id say give the 11:1 + smallish turbo a go, though you will have to run E85 or some race fuel i dont think 98 will like 11:1+ boost without water meth injection (another option if E85 is not easily available).

The issue I've been warned of is even on E85, with 11:1, the compression in the motor could quite likely bend a rod.

But then I've heard some euro cars are coming out on 98 fuel with 10.5:1 CR so... More reading needed...

That and I've been told to run alot larger injectors and up the whole fuel system... From what I've been told is to look for 1600CC injectors, and twin 044s feeding the fuel rail from a surge, and a single 044 feeding the surge tank with larger lines from surge tank to injectors.

For now it's looking like I'll be throwing another 30DE bottom end in with a turbo more suited for track work, and holding off a little on the 11:1 and E85 transformation.

But I will be playing with going unassisted brakes, and a full engine bay tidy up whilst the engine is out, along with a few other little changes...