SAU Community

1000 Steps Junkies

Sarumatix

Bit cold n wet on the steps today, and really busy. Two guys doing 50 laps over two days for charity.

I hope the section of lyre bird at the top that they've done isn't the finished product, the steps are only wide enough for one person.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyrebird is open again? Wouldn't mind checking out how badly done the new steps are haha

Anybody keen for a run up there soon? Sunday's my only free day :/

Not yet, but you can see a section of it when you reach the top of the steps. The main track to the base of the steps is closed and you have to take rambler's which is nice and muddy.

I havent been there lately as the weather on the weekends has been shit. And ive been sick the past week while its been nice so that sucks but ill probably be there on sunday arvo if the weather holds out. I took some time off them and my other training so now every time i run up i nearly vomit lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

or at night with torches.....f all people up there then too...however once I did see a guy fully suited up with a laptop doing them.....kinda freaked me out a little....he had no torch either....weird...

• 1 month later...

Did 1000 steps yesterday. It's a lot better during the week days. Can actually get a car park!!! Also not many people :D

The works are still going on, the notice says it'll be ready by early 2013. Can't wait for them to finish up the Lyrebird Track with the new steps. The new memorial thing looks pretty cool, I can see them holding events there a lot easier with a podium :D

Weather is great again, who's up for 1000 steps soon?