SAU Community

What Skyline 4 Door Combination Should I Buy?

yeah stagea for sure.....lot of car for the money....

Yeah, am thinking Stagea too, mmm, be nice to have a second Rb26.......except.......this is the second car, would be trading the wifes tiida am unfortunately what this means it that we would need to go......yeah dare I say it.....auto :-)

Why not got an NA GTS4 and drop an rb26 in. AWD auto for the wife. RB26 auto launching power for your self.

+1

But an R34 4 door turbo will still be fun for you, probably the most practical if you need to get a 4 door skyline. They definately have enough room even when full, so your baby seat and groceries in the back etc will be fine.

After had second kid, couldn't do two door any more, got an r34 gt-t. Heaps of room the wife can drive it (handy after a few bevos) but enough fun to have a lash in. Not heaps around but norm at a good price as every boy wants a 2 door manual. Mine $12,500, auto, 71,000ks. To good, would recommend!

Have you thought of a r33 4door. Here a a couple of pics of what i drive. Done the same as you. I have 2 kids and have been able to get by. The car has had the usual mods and seems to fly under the radar.

Yes I certainly have considered a 33 like your, in actual fact consider yours perfect colour etc, very nice ride, and perfect in the Black!! would look nice with my 32 :-)

What about an import like the Ford Territory (imported from Victoria!)

My wife loves it!

I don't think she'd be too happy with the day to day stress of owning a Skyline (exhaust volume, stiff suspension, boot space, leg room etc). You've still got your toy anyway!

Then when she's not looking drop a XR6 turbo engine in.... I just have to figure out how to convince her the 120,000 kay service takes a week

What about an import like the Ford Territory (imported from Victoria!)

My wife loves it!

I don't think she'd be too happy with the day to day stress of owning a Skyline (exhaust volume, stiff suspension, boot space, leg room etc). You've still got your toy anyway!

Then when she's not looking drop a XR6 turbo engine in.... I just have to figure out how to convince her the 120,000 kay service takes a week

Hey there, thanks for the suggestion but the Territory Turbo or not is a fuel guzzler and a good but heavy beast of a vehicle, skylines as are only as loud as you make them as with the suspension I run Tein Super Street on the GTR and is aok in the comfort dept, had an XR6 great engines but fuel guzzler :-(

My wife drive's a 34 4 door, that manages with 1 baby, were upgrading it for the 2nd. As some mentioned before try the pram before you buy the car, we didnt and the damn thing dosnt fit in the boot without being pulled apart.

And with the baby seat in the backward facing way for new borns i didnt fit in front of it, so i allways had to drive and the mrs was allways cramped up on the passenger side.

Stagea has a little more room, but still not heaps. Pram and that fits in the boot, but again not much room in front of the baby seat, and now that have changed the rules again so your child has to be in a harness type seat till there 4yr's old.

IMO go something larger, instead of compromising there is alot out there.