SAU Community

M35 Fuse Box

Dunc

Has anyone with an NM35 had to replace a fuse? I've just realised my interior electrics arent working (electric windows, and sun roofs specifically) - but the radio, wing mirros etc is still all fine. I'm assuming I've somehow blown a fuse over the course of the last week.

I managed to locate the fuse box, and the back cover of it has a description of them... in japanese. The wiring behind that panel for me is an absolute dogs breakfast though! I had to take the entire panel off (not just the little cat flap cover) to see the fuses! Must be for the alarm etc :cheers:

Any how, heres what I'm working with :cool: If anyone has the feintest idea which one might be something like 'electric windows' or something it'd be much appreciated!! :D

post-69799-1267159405_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Dunc

did you accidentally short something out playing with the monitor? If you cant read it just pull everyone out one at a time and have a look at them until you find the blown one. If you have a multi meter you just go down both sides of fuses until one dosent read 12v on both sides. When you find it if it blows again you have a 12v+ touching earth somewhere. That plug from pic 2 in other post might be on the same circuit as the sunroofs.

did you accidentally short something out playing with the monitor? If you cant read it just pull everyone out one at a time and have a look at them until you find the blown one. If you have a multi meter you just go down both sides of fuses until one dosent read 12v on both sides. When you find it if it blows again you have a 12v+ touching earth somewhere. That plug from pic 2 in other post might be on the same circuit as the sunroofs.

That was my initial thought, short something while playing with the monitor, but I havnt connected anything up - unless I one of the screws for the mounting plate in the roof managed to pierce the plug =/

I realised the windows weren't working on my way to get the multi meter, sounds like I can put it to good use now :cheers:

Well I didnt use my multimeter for it simply because its too difficult to use in the footwell - my height doesnt really help make me 'nimble' either. Took out every fuse and inspected them.. all looked fine :cool: I'll see if the missus can help me translate some of the kanji tonight

Edit

Just removed the mounting plate and the windows are now working. Remote lock via the keys now seems to be on the fritz, unlocking does work though.. today perhaps isnt my day! :cheers:

Edited by Dunc

So with the help of the missus last night, we now have a translated version of the fuse box :P I've left it as the 'direct translation' as its more amusing that way, 'room lamp' :P it should all make some degree of sense though. Hopefully it proves to be of some use to someone else eventually :(

post-69799-1267241477_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

So with the help of the missus last night, we now have a translated version of the fuse box :ninja: I've left it as the 'direct translation' as its more amusing that way, 'room lamp' :P it should all make some degree of sense though. Hopefully it proves to be of some use to someone else eventually :)

post-69799-1267241477_thumb.jpg

I'll be saving a copy, thanks :)

I'm sure it will come in handy, I'm yet to check my fusebox to see if anything was removed during compliance for any reason.

• 9 months later...

How'd you go with the remote key Dunc? Might be good to let us know just in case it happens to us? :happy:

Never did work out why the remote was playing up - seemed to correct itself the next day without any interference from me; I have an alarm/immobiliser with its own lock/unlock fob which I use now, and thats been flawless :)

• 2 months later...

anyone know where the Fuel Pump fuse is located?

I believe theyre in the engine bay, take the battery covers off. Those ones should all be in english :cheers:

there is no fuel computer as i far i know.. the factory ECU handles all the petrol and lpg fuel delivery :) thats whats so good about liquid injection. anyways its done now!! picking it up tomorrow morning! will post in the LPG thread my thoughts and pics tomorrow :)

Edited by Sage222

• 1 year later...

Has anyone on Importing had their front screen fuse pulled out? I forgot to get it put back in and dont know wether it was the one in the engine bay or kick panel? And if so do we know which one it is on the nm35, I have an 03 Axis if that helps :)

• 2 years later...
I may have a short circuit somewhere and want to locate the Fusepanel and test it with a multimeter.

Where are the panels and how do I gain access to them . Tried searching for some images
to help me but no luck.

Obviously I am not very mechanical !
thanks in-advance.