SAU Community

Rb25det In My Commdore Ute

hi everyone i have a commodore ute that i have put a rb25det in and i was wondering if any one on here new how to wire some of the wires up so i can turn the key and it starts, and if any one out there has a vl manual tailshaft only thing i need for it to be complete besides the wiring. here are so photos

post-70779-1267271611_thumb.jpg

post-70779-1267271640_thumb.jpg

where are you located? i think there is someone in gympie doing this but into a vs ute (if i remember correctly). i think he has been speaking to my mate who is a mechanic about doing the wiring.

and love the 33 front bar on the commodore. boy will that piss off some nissan fansboys.

mounting the engine isn't that hard as with the older cars you could just use a a vl crossmember, etc. wiring on the other hand....

also with a vu ute you may have issues with legality of putting in the rb25 as i'm not sure how it goes as far as putting an older motor into a newer car. i'm pretty sure that the motor has to meet all emissions standards of when the car was made. so it's easy to put a new motor into an old car, but not the other way round.

I think you tried to buy Jamies GTS4 motor yeah? But ended up with a rb25. If you get mega stuck. Im down on the sunny coast might be able to get her going for ya. Will be ALOT of work but nothing i cant handle!