SAU Community

Saw A Hit And Run

S4T4N

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matter has been reprted to police and under investigation. I have given informant details to Sue for her to contact. They have offending vehicle details so offender will be chased up and charged with number of offences.

I hope this puts everyone's mind at ease.

Excellent Graeme. You're a credit to the force :laugh:

Matter has been reprted to police and under investigation. I have given informant details to Sue for her to contact. They have offending vehicle details so offender will be chased up and charged with number of offences.

I hope this puts everyone's mind at ease.

i wish there were more cops like you mate, who actually care about the community

Between my wedding and leaving for honeymoon (3 days) in Jan, our Honda was hit (parked) and the offender fled. Awesome bloke (witness) left a note, with plates and car type.

Went to Carlton Police station; the officer was brilliant, got in contact with the owner, then passed us their details.

Some Police do care, and are very helpful.

Had my car all scraped up and the other driver just shrugged and drove off. Police weren't interested in the slightest. I could 'get an affidavit if you want for insurance'.

They seem to only call it a hit and run (and get excited when you say it) if it's vehicle vs pedestrian.

Between my wedding and leaving for honeymoon (3 days) in Jan, our Honda was hit (parked) and the offender fled. Awesome bloke (witness) left a note, with plates and car type.

Went to Carlton Police station; the officer was brilliant, got in contact with the owner, then passed us their details.

Some Police do care, and are very helpful.

That's very odd...usually they won't pass details onto anyone but a solicitor as per the Privacy Act. Must have been in a very sympathetic mood! When I took my hit and run vehicle to a cop shop, the officer had the owner's details on screen but couldn't give me them because the Privacy Act says I might go around to their house damage their property. Yet slamming into the back of someone's car with can of bourbon in hand isn't a breach of that. SDP-177...I remember the numberplates to this day and the smash happened about 6 years ago.

Had my car all scraped up and the other driver just shrugged and drove off. Police weren't interested in the slightest. I could 'get an affidavit if you want for insurance'.

They seem to only call it a hit and run (and get excited when you say it) if it's vehicle vs pedestrian.

Yep, or if you're injured in the car accident. In other words, if you have a hit and run...call in a neck injury. Property is not the 9/10ths of the law it's made out to be.

Ahhh makes sense :D

Though you're still pretty lucky...especially with that witness. By all rights that other driver could have denied it all like so many scumbags do, which would have forced you to go legal on him.

Just wanted to say thanks to Greme help.

We drove down to the police station the lady lodge her report @ and gave our statement there.

all good.

:laugh:

I did get the rego for both cars and gave it to the cops. The cop i spoke to didn't look interested at all in running her plates. I asked if they could pass the details to her and the cop kept saying it depends if she lodge a report or not, they will not be able to get her - which i find it kinda strange. I would have guess it would be easy for them to cross reference the type of cars to the rego my friend and i provided.

so in case the cops decide to just shelf my printout details i gave them of the incident, i taught i best try here as well.

Wow. So hang on a minute, you're telling us the cop wouldn't go out of his way to do the right thing or help. BIG SURPRISE. At least there are SOME decent cops out there.

have you seen the amount of paperwork they have to do?

Get more police. Put our taxes to work. What some officers need to realise is that they perform a service to the community and customer service is part of the job. They get PAID to do a job. Like any job there are things we hate doing but hey, you grit your teeth and do it.

It's fair enough to make comments like above but paperwork side of things is out of control now days and is making members not want to do the job properly.

I work hard and do things properly and all that means is me now having tp do around 6-8 hours a week in unpaid overtime doing paperwork and going into work on my hoildays and days off to spend few hours catching up/keeping up to date on paperwork.

I don't think that is right and I could easily make my life easier by pissing off work and letting people go with warnings etc.

It's fair enough to make comments like above but paperwork side of things is out of control now days and is making members not want to do the job properly.

I work hard and do things properly and all that means is me now having tp do around 6-8 hours a week in unpaid overtime doing paperwork and going into work on my hoildays and days off to spend few hours catching up/keeping up to date on paperwork.

I don't think that is right and I could easily make my life easier by pissing off work and letting people go with warnings etc.

That is a bit ridiculous. There really does need to be a shake up in the police force. Get rid of the "softly, softly" approach, re-evaluate their current hiring standards, stop the OPI from harassing officers over obvious bullshit stirred up by common thugs and make it a more streamlined process for officers to do their job. They should also do something about the court system that allows all of the hard work done by police to be basically spat on by judges who give grossly inadequate sentences out.

That said, I spent between 5-12 hours a week doing unpaid overtime in my job as an accounts clerk and just about everyone else at the firm did the same (or more). If anyone didn't like it they were free to leave and find a new job.

In my last job people would work for days straight, sleeping at the office, eating Nandos for dinner while sitting at their computers while not being paid overtime to meet deadlines. Thankfully I was on an hourly rate at that place!

Every job has its down sides, treating people like shit and showing no interest because your tired of your job means you should no longer be working there. The negative attitude will do nothing but adversely affect your co-workers and you will be unhappy.

you've said that before mate, but i dont think some people actually process what they are told. keep doing what you are doing, and i look forward to being pulled over by you one day haha

*snip*

only one problem, VicPol arent a private organisation with competitors that you can find a job with better conditions at. they are stuck with what they've got until the higher-ups change things

edit: jeez my grammer sux. that last two sentences dont look right somehow

I don't think anyone has had any problem processing what Graeme has said. A number of, obviously professional, people (people required to do a lot of unpaid overtime in order to do their job) in this thread disagree that paperwork and overtime are an excuse to do a job poorly and to be rude. I do not disagree that the process requires improvement and that increasing efficiency is positive. We are suggesting that the police arent the only people over worked with paperwork, and some of us even manage it, like Graeme does, with a smile.

not having a go at your personally mate, but i think that goes for almost any job in the world these days any job with meaning has responsibility and unfortunately a larger work load then the pay cheque reflects but what choice do u have, a real job/career or work a mindless job that requires no over time but gets u nowhere in life either..

like i said dont wna start anything with you but i just think unpaid over time is par for the course now days...