SAU Community

Help Rb30/26 Into R33 Gtst Engine Mounts

brother_david

Im just about to fit my 26/30 in the engine bay of my R33 GTST. The steel engine mount brackets i got with the block doesnt line up with the RB25 rubber mounts in the bay though :S

I feel really stupid here but anyway, it seems like the angle of the brackets is a bit to much and they just seem like they should sit closer further ack on the block :thumbsup:

Also if someone got pics of their mounts i would be glad!

/Dave

Edited by brother_david

Use matching brackets and mounts..

It sounds like you have RB30 mounts on the block and 33gtst brackets in the engine bay.. IIRC the RB30 mounts sit the engine slightly further back than the 32/33gtst mounts.

All help is appreciated! Heres 2 pics of how the brackets and mounts look, have i missed some part? ;)

they don't look like R33 brackets, use the ones off your old engine and it should bolt in without much fuss.

Thanks for your help! Ye i was really fussed about what brackets to use with what mounts ;)

TiTAN> I can see you have a R33 GTS-30T in your info, so you say that i can/should use the factory R33 GTST engine bracketes and mounts?

Might have solved the problem! Im using universal rubber mounts with an offset of the bolts of about 40mm, bolted straight in. Might make a spacer for the LHS engine bracket since the engine is leaning a bit and he bolt and bolthole doesnt flat out :spank:

Anyways, the engine is in place and i can start with the exhaust manifolds!! Yeeeaaay :D

BTW, the rubber mounts costs 10 AUD/piece :)

• 7 years later...

I know I'm pulling out an old thread but I'm doing the same. 

A rb26/30 into R33 S2. 

And was told that i need custom mounts as the rb30/26 is taller then a Rb26dett or Rb25det to it fouls the bonnet. 

Is this true or not. 

Cheers. 

• 1 month later...