SAU Community

Who Got Hailed?

Fido_

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Just Cars must be inundated with calls this morning, just get a bussy signal.

Yeah my friend working there said they normally lodge 90 claims on the day after a weekend, today they're already over 400.

Keep trying and be patient guys :no:

Was at home doing some work, heard the hail start.

Ran outside and saw a few small hail stones land on the GTR, I bolted inside into my room and grabbed the cover off my bed did the same with my housemates and covered the car completely. My mate wasn't so lucky.

Wet sheets all weekend, but a small price to pay.

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck.

Edited by Takahashi GTR

Was at home doing some work, heard the hail start.

Ran outside and saw a few small hail stones land on the GTR, I bolted inside into my room and grabbed the cover off my bed did the same with my housemates and covered the car completely. My mate wasn't so lucky.

Wet sheets all weekend, but a small price to pay.

Sorry to hear about all the bad luck.

insulated car covers... when theres a hailstorm forecast. just cover it and it'll be right

and I only increased the excess the other week to reduce my premiums - F$%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here :( my excess is $3500 >__<

Has anyone found an affordable way to pop them out yet? I have dints all over my bonnet, roof and boot :P

EDIT: LOL just found this but I doubt it would work too good

anyone ever used dent vanish in mt waverly http://www.dentvanish.com.au/

everyone else is too busy telling me they have to take care of their guarenteed yards first etc

seems like a nice guy but is kinda young, good workshop, site seems good and photos on the site appears that he knows what he is doing

said i can be slipped in first as a cash job before the flood of insurance work comes through

he says R32 GTR is is favourite car as well :)

he quoted me for $1050 about 20 dents on the roof, 60 on the bonnet and 5 on the guard

it would have been more but i took the roof lining off myself to save money

bit of a kick in the teeth from mother nature, probly just karma from permenatly driving around with no cat lol

bit of a kick in the teeth from mother nature, probly just karma from permenatly driving around with no cat lol

haha i drive with a cat and i got no dents! I think you are onto something :)

Although mother nature must have got confused and assumed my parents cars dont have one either haha

anyone ever used dent vanish in mt waverly http://www.dentvanish.com.au/

everyone else is too busy telling me they have to take care of their guarenteed yards first etc

seems like a nice guy but is kinda young, good workshop, site seems good and photos on the site appears that he knows what he is doing

said i can be slipped in first as a cash job before the flood of insurance work comes through

he says R32 GTR is is favourite car as well :)

he quoted me for $1050 about 20 dents on the roof, 60 on the bonnet and 5 on the guard

it would have been more but i took the roof lining off myself to save money

Sorry to hear about your GTR mate, sounds like you got hit pretty hard :)

I had a chat with the dent vanish guy on the phone too, I'll probably end up stopping in soon to get the GTR quoted. I'm really keen to see how your car turns up, would you be able to post pictures for everyone to see?

I was also suggested by a mate who had a bingle in his WRX to speak with this guy http://www.dentsmart.com.au/index.html, said he does pretty good work too so I might get a quote from both and let you all know how I go...

One of the dents on my roof has cracked the paint so that's a whole different matter, anybody had work at Martin's Panel Masters in Ferntree Gully?

Played golf in rowville on saturday - can't fit my clubs & cart in the GTR so I borrowed mum's pajero. Copped the worst hail all over it - dad took it to the insurers today and it's a writeoff.

GTR is OK :)

LOL @ the last technique video...pick of the comments:

"This is awesome! My car got stalled on the train tracks and I got hit by a train going 40mph! Using this technique I got every last dent and ding out, and have my car good as new now!"

Yes Just Car has been inundated with claims due to unfortunate hail damage up to almost 1000 claims since Saturday afternoon...including 5 of our own staff having cars written off that I know of :(

Well I picked an awesome time to pick up the wifes new car....3pm Sat arvo :) I was in the old car that had already been accepted as a trade in when the hail hit in sth melb. Considering I was 5mins from the dealer and all the undercover spots were taken I just bolted there - well by bolted I mean crawled due to the fact I couldn't see 20metres in from of me. When I arrived the dealer was getting flooded due to the roof drains not doing their job and 2mins later the power went out putting the whole place in darkness. I had a quick look at the old car and spotted a few dints that weren't there before but it was nothing too serious. I think the workers at the dealership were so busy trying to stop the water that they just accepted the old car - BONUS :O

Not so bonus was the drive home in the new car wading through some flooded streets but no damage done.

Mums ~60k(new) Mazda MPS is possibly a write off apparently O.o

also my mates ford AU has 12k of damage and got written off.. wow.. and he has to pay 1700 excess a shame :)