SAU Community

Who Got Hailed?

Fido_

My skyline and ute live outside, hail almost up to cricketball size but mostly golfball.

0 dents on the Skyline

5 on the newly resprayed ute, not even registered yet :)

One of the other cars (BA falcon) had a hole punched in the wing.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played golf in rowville on saturday - can't fit my clubs & cart in the GTR so I borrowed mum's pajero. Copped the worst hail all over it - dad took it to the insurers today and it's a writeoff.

GTR is OK :P

dude clubs do fit in the GTR, its what it was designed for! driving (really quickly) to the golf course :) lol

sounds like you made the right decision though... I was playing at brighton when the storm went through but luckily no hail just a shitload of rain... my golf gear is still drying out! I was even par after 4 holes too so was praying the rain would stay away... it didn't

Anyone have Luck with these Dent removal techniques? and where Can I buy that Pops a dent thing on you tube??

Anyone have Luck with these Dent removal techniques? and where Can I buy that Pops a dent thing on you tube??

Hey mate,

From what I've read the "heat and then cool" technique using compressed air or dry ice "can" work but it's a bit touch and go. I've read around that it'll work initially but then the dent can pop back on a hot day http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2325893 -->

Although I have never tried this myself I have heard about this before. Some guys say it didn't work for them, and other have said it worked for them, but only until you let your car sit outside in the sun again then it pops back. I suppose you could try it if you want...but I would say don't get your hopes up...

Not too sure about that 'pops a dent' thing, it would probably work better than the ice/cooling but I can only assume it wouldn't get the shape back perfectly? I might run both these ideas past the paintless dent removal guys when I get in touch with them

does anyone that is getting their cars written off have salvage rights on their policy? I am thankful that I do so if ever something like this happens to me I get to keep the car for no cost to me. LSV for the WIN!

Hey guys, I'm confused as to whether I should claim or not because my excess is so high. Can anyone help me out? I have dints on nearly every panel, my rear and front screens got cracked as did my sun roof :P would they write my R34 off? It's insured for $21K

forgot to mention its a mazda 6 mps which was a 2006 from memory yes it was ~60k on road, it was more then the mazda 3 awd etc

also they only made the mazda 6 mps for 1 or 2 years i think, not sure why there cooler then the mazda 3 :P

Hey guys, I'm confused as to whether I should claim or not because my excess is so high. Can anyone help me out? I have dints on nearly every panel, my rear and front screens got cracked as did my sun roof :P would they write my R34 off? It's insured for $21K

I'd think you'd be able to get an assessor to look at it and tell you if it will be written off or not and then you can make the decision as to whether to claim or not. Mind you then they know your car is damaged and not worth insuring for as much. Anyone know about assessors?

Sorry to all the guys affected by the hail, just goes to show that none of us are in control when mother nature plays. Some of these pictures of the hail and flood are the worst I've ever seen :

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/photo-gal...37692013?page=5

Knox city wasn't too bad but yeah heard Rowville and Scorsby were hit hard.

I would be keen to take a look at that dealership in FTG, may be some bargains there.