SAU Community

Who Got Hailed?

Fido_

I'd think you'd be able to get an assessor to look at it and tell you if it will be written off or not and then you can make the decision as to whether to claim or not. Mind you then they know your car is damaged and not worth insuring for as much. Anyone know about assessors?

Yeah that's what I was thinking too

Well the fix for the bonnet is easy, just need someone to start a group buy on carbon fiber bonnets lol.

I'd be willing to pay $600 to $800 for one instead of paying $500 for a stock R34 bonnet, can someone with the contacts organise one?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot to mention its a mazda 6 mps which was a 2006 from memory yes it was ~60k on road, it was more then the mazda 3 awd etc

also they only made the mazda 6 mps for 1 or 2 years i think, not sure why there cooler then the mazda 3 :laugh:

all the mazda 3s were fwd only the 6 was 4wd

good car, shame too

$21k write off...

If there is extensive damage to a roof, lots of cars will be written off. Repairing a roof is a massive job, all window have to come out, all interior has to come out, roof has to be cut out and you loose a lot of structural rigidity and so on.

$21k is an easy write off is for hail damage.

Brand new Euro cars can be written off for less....

you dont need to get panels replaced, paintless dent removal will get them all out except for body kits, wings and other non metal parts. 21K you are not going to be written off. My wifes Mirage was only an 18 thousand dollar car (on road with a few extras) and it was 2 months old and it never got written off, they repaired it with paintless dent removal and it looked like new again, you would never have known it was hail damaged. Get an assessor to look at it and ask them if the option of pantless dent removal is there, I would be surprised if it wasn't what they were going to do as my wifes car was insured with AAMI too.

panel beater said on quote it wouldnt be worth repairing due the repair value being so close to market value, they have to remove all interior, roof lining, door trims. My whole car is pretty much covered in dents. Think they even said something about removing roof? cant remember . But yeah.

it they are removing the roof then it's not paintless dent removal. If it's not over market value then you should have the option to get it repaired i'm not sure how AAMI work on that sort of thing. How the hell does the panel beater know if it's close to market value or not? Unless he is using Glass guide liek the insurance companies do to get it but even then it's an estimate as you may have agreed value on your car insurance, I know I do.

Hey guys, I'm confused as to whether I should claim or not because my excess is so high. Can anyone help me out? I have dints on nearly every panel, my rear and front screens got cracked as did my sun roof :nyaanyaa: would they write my R34 off? It's insured for $21K

How much is your excess?

$21k write off...

If there is extensive damage to a roof, lots of cars will be written off. Repairing a roof is a massive job, all window have to come out, all interior has to come out, roof has to be cut out and you loose a lot of structural rigidity and so on.

$21k is an easy write off is for hail damage.

Brand new Euro cars can be written off for less....

Errr... can't u just use the suction pads/paintless dent removal to get the roof dents out?

my roof looks like been hit with marbles, entire thing is gone.

The panel beater place i went to is a recomended workshop from just car who are tied with AAMI. So once i gave my claim # i guess they could have looked up info? yeah i have agreed value on mine, i think its at 13'500...1500 excess so if i walk away with 12k should they decide to pay me out ill be happy.

Hey all,

Thought I might update you on my progress, going to see the first of a few PDR guys this arvo to assess the "fixable" dents on the car, as a rough guess I think it's going to be around 1k but I'll let you know (I've got 5 large dents, two bonnet, two front driver fender and one on the boot, all about 50c piece size)

FYI: the guy is doing a "group assessment" of about 20 + cars as he's just been inundated with calls for help, the assessment will be @ 6B Westbury Grove St.Kilda East Victoria today only (Sunday 14th), from noon till around 4 PM. I'll probably get there around 12:30 - 1PM, if you see a white GTR give me a yell :nyaanyaa:.

Here are the PDR guy's contact details --> http://dentsmart.com.au/id1.html

Cheers,

Sean

all the mazda 3s were fwd only the 6 was 4wd

good car, shame too

yeh thats what i meant :nyaanyaa:

not sure why they did it this way they should of kept the 6 AWD, turbo 2.3 nice quick car with very nice interior quite zippy 6 speed manual and nice to drive steering feels direct like a skyline :nyaanyaa:

Hey,

Like a lot of people, my r33 got badly damaged in the hailstorm. Roof, bonnet, front left panel - all dotted everywhere with dents. I would estimate total 250 - 400 dents at least, ranging in size from almost unnoticeable to evident.

Can anyone recommend a top 3 of dent repairers in Melbourne who will do a Skyline perfectly? I'm prepared to wait, and hopefully insurance will cover it (JustCar). It's a '96 model, so I don't know if it'll be written off.

I was pretty impressed with how quickly JustCar responded after the storm.

I've heard some repairers have "light tunnels" which helps them see all the dents. Is this necessary? They don't all have this.

Seeing an insurance assessor tomorrow...

vekra

Hey all,

Thought I might update you on my progress, going to see the first of a few PDR guys this arvo to assess the "fixable" dents on the car, as a rough guess I think it's going to be around 1k but I'll let you know (I've got 5 large dents, two bonnet, two front driver fender and one on the boot, all about 50c piece size)

FYI: the guy is doing a "group assessment" of about 20 + cars as he's just been inundated with calls for help, the assessment will be @ 6B Westbury Grove St.Kilda East Victoria today only (Sunday 14th), from noon till around 4 PM. I'll probably get there around 12:30 - 1PM, if you see a white GTR give me a yell :thumbsup:.

Here are the PDR guy's contact details --> http://dentsmart.com.au/id1.html

Cheers,

Sean

I was of the understanding that aluminium is not really 'workable' metal and cannot really be repaired. Therefore the bonnet and front side gaurds (of an R32 GTR) if dented would be a throw away job?

I was of the understanding that aluminium is not really 'workable' metal and cannot really be repaired. Therefore the bonnet and front side gaurds (of an R32 GTR) if dented would be a throw away job?

Hey mate,

Yeah he did mention that the bonnet may be a bit difficult to repair without stretching/ cracking the paint as the aluminium stretches more. He recommended when I get the roof assessed (cracked the paint so not suitable for PDR) to see how much the bonnet would cost to be fixed as they may be able to get the whole thing done cheaper if they do the repair and spray (at least he was honest eh :thumbsup:), the rest of the dents he was pretty confident about (including the front fender and boot). He hasn't sent me the total figure yet (going to be sent via email) but I'll let ya know how it goes...

If the bonnet turns out to be a throw away job I might hit up Import monster and wait for the right one to pop up, or maybe one of those ADR approved fiberglass ones :D

just got my car back from jason from dent vanish

he quoted me from a video the night of the storm and took the weekend to fix it.

Paid 1050 cash took the roof lining off to save money.

He is very nice and got all 60 dints out. Only a few minor blemishes remain.

Big thumbs up, he comes highly reccomended.

Hes doing barloworld atm, im lucky i got in quick.

http://www.dentvanish.com.au/