SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

yeah peak power is only one part of the picture

if you look at my car its peak is pretty ordinary, 191 rwkw was its max

but the diff gears, lateral acceleration, suspension etc give it the quick accleration

able to beat most cars on "private roads" and was ever so slightly pulling away from a 315kw r8 ute on another "private road"

i still reckon on the street an 04 sti would be even - i dont know about "rip"

yeah peak power is only one part of the picture

if you look at my car its peak is pretty ordinary, 191 rwkw was its max

but the diff gears, lateral acceleration, suspension etc give it the quick accleration

able to beat most cars on "private roads" and was ever so slightly pulling away from a 315kw r8 ute on another "private road"

i still reckon on the street an 04 sti would be even - i dont know about "rip"

You were pulling away from a 315kw r8 in essentially a stock skyline. Me no believe

Never had a proper tune on the stock turbo, but with exhaust and a bit of boost I was in front of my mate's manual BF XR8

I wouldn't call BS right away, especially if the ute was auto

yep i kid you not

was about maybe 1.5 years ago

on a "private road" we both hit at 100km/h and i backed off we went ticked past $1.80

it was a blue R8 ute with the 315 badge on the rear of it, no idea if it was auto or manual

i was pulling away ever so slightly, only just

that was basic GTST with sub 190rwkw

my best 0 to 100 was 4.88 back in the old day

Maybe the guy couldn't drive lol. I managed to go door to door with those ve walkinshaw supercharged sedans on my private road. Later found out he had 357rwkw. I guess the weight kills those cars

yeah exactly, he could have been hopeless on gear change etc, who knows

they are heavier and certainly dont have 4.11 diff gears

so it would suffer in acceleration and weight

Maybe the guy couldn't drive lol. I managed to go door to door with those ve walkinshaw supercharged sedans on my private road. Later found out he had 357rwkw. I guess the weight kills those cars

Lol @ commodores. You'd hope 6 litres and FI would get you better than a mid 12...

• Like 1

was getting paid last night to do absolutely nothing because the floors at work were too wet and slippery from the humidity...then when they finally got the place dried out enough to work, 2 hours had passed, so then had to work back til 4am meaning even higher pay rate...now they're behind so I'll be able to do the same tonight lol..good ole' humidity

lol...

it runs right past my house so make sure you drop in

will do. need monies soon to pay for engine build. they've got the EFI kit on the LS5 now, but they haven't got it running yet. Engine's good for 350 killabees with no EFI, so hopefully with it, should run a lot smoother and more powah.

Then if I have any money left over after moving later in the year strap a supercharger to it for even moar powah.