SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

it has nothing to do with it being domestic

What else does it have to do with?

I can't think of ANY other job that makes so little (apart from other first year apps on a similar award)

my boss is my dad. $200 per week is enough spending money for me at the moment. if i need extra cash i just ask for it

i bought a house last year that i'm renting out to some relatives and i'm also getting 30-40K towards my next car (assuming i sell the 34 for atleast 10K) so i'm not complaining :)

but otherwise yes $200 is too low even for first years

Thought you'd be on a shit load more than that...I make that and I don't even work 40hours a week...

I work in publishing, so I get crap pay compared to industry standard. but the workplace rocks so I'm happy. plus there's loads of benefits like phone, car allowance, free flights interstate, working from nz, singapore, hong kong, malaysia, UK or india when I want etc.

i dunno, for me I have to be in a place where I wake up in the morning and feel like goin to work everyday, otherwise I'll just quit. luckily my skills are leet enough that I'll get headhunted, but still, I care not for paypackets, I care more about job satisfaction.

my boss is my dad. $200 per week is enough spending money for me at the moment. if i need extra cash i just ask for it

i bought a house last year that i'm renting out to some relatives and i'm also getting 30-40K towards my next car (assuming i sell the 34 for atleast 10K) so i'm not complaining :)

but otherwise yes $200 is too low even for first years

I wouldn't be complaining if I was getting $40k given to me either...It is satisfying earning everything for myself though. But if it's family business and you get whatever cash you need when you need it anyway, then doesn't really matter how little you get paid for working... As for first years, ~$300 seems to be the going rate in domestic, which is why I can't work domestic. You and your dad need a first year or what? If so we'll talk numbers ;)

your selling your r34 for 10k? Are you positively annoyed friend?

It's auto and he's after a quick sale...

I work in publishing, so I get crap pay compared to industry standard. but the workplace rocks so I'm happy. plus there's loads of benefits like phone, car allowance, free flights interstate, working from nz, singapore, hong kong, malaysia, UK or india when I want etc.

i dunno, for me I have to be in a place where I wake up in the morning and feel like goin to work everyday, otherwise I'll just quit. luckily my skills are leet enough that I'll get headhunted, but still, I care not for paypackets, I care more about job satisfaction.

Yeah I'm not trying to say my job is better... I get paid a lot but it's not a career (you can make a decent career in the industry, and I could have gone down that path 5 years ago but I chose not too). If you can enjoy your job and make decent money then you're set. It's all well and good to say you love a job, but if you get paid $30k a year, I don't give a f**k how much you love it, almost no-one can survive on that.

$95,000 TGR with benefits. Wouldnt be complaining either :P

What would the industry average be then?

I was making 50k a year as a full time student at 20, and charged 3k for a days work consulting, that was good haha. A few years later and I've left the industry and I make 50% off what I used to. Doesnt matter to me though because I'm 100% happier. Funny how that works. I think the psychological term is 'affluenza'.

yo virginboy. if I bring teh ceffy to the cruise, I'll have to find out if it's faster than your shitheap. 4 door RB20DET stock auto mangs.

honestly, i dont have the balls to take it out..

edit: possibly joining the burgandy s1 33 brigade

Edited by Mohsen

Discussing about careers eh?

I'm in need of one but don't have any idea what I want though.

So it'll be a while when I can be bothered to do anything useful seeing everything I tried leads me straight to brick wall...

Currently forcing foods into shelves and telling 'tourists' where's this where's that, not fancy but it pays so can't complain.

$95,000 TGR with benefits. Wouldnt be complaining either :P

What would the industry average be then?

think it's 100k once you include super as well. not sure, haven't looked at my contract since I threatened to quit about 8 months ago.

for what I do, in melb its about right, but in syd I should be sittin on 120k.

your selling your r34 for 10k? Are you positively annoyed friend?

i said atleast 10K

I wouldn't be complaining if I was getting $40k given to me either...It is satisfying earning everything for myself though. But if it's family business and you get whatever cash you need when you need it anyway, then doesn't really matter how little you get paid for working... As for first years, ~$300 seems to be the going rate in domestic, which is why I can't work domestic. You and your dad need a first year or what? If so we'll talk numbers ;)

i wouldn't say the 40K are given to me, i did work for most of it. i could've got ~$400/week, take away the $200 "spending money" and save the other $200 which would add up to almost 30K over the last 3 years. sometimes at the end of the week if i still have some cash left i don't take any money from him at all. i'm just gonna spend it on pointless shit anyway... but yeah being a family business definitely helps alot

hmmmz he's not looking for more workers at the moment but i'll let him know anyway

rimon, take over and give the old bloke a rest (if you know what your doing and what to do etc in the business)

my old mans turn is over, my turn to be the baws

Edited by Mohsen

funky reply to my fb pm

don't buy a VIV car you fucking knobgobbler. It needs to be fixed, then go through a VIV inspection by an engineer etc. too much hassle.

my current golf wasn't hail damaged, the one I bought just before this was, kept it for a week, then flipped it for profit and bought this one.