SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

i said atleast 10K

i wouldn't say the 40K are given to me, i did work for most of it. i could've got ~$400/week, take away the $200 "spending money" and save the other $200 which would add up to almost 30K over the last 3 years. sometimes at the end of the week if i still have some cash left i don't take any money from him at all. i'm just gonna spend it on pointless shit anyway... but yeah being a family business definitely helps alot

hmmmz he's not looking for more workers at the moment but i'll let him know anyway

Yeah that's what I meant, you're not getting 'paid' but you're getting money from your parents anyway, so it works out the same when it's him you're working for..Same way my cousins grew up...They worked a shit load of hours, didn't really get paid, but all lived rent free til they got married (pretty much the standard wog way anyway) and all had clubsports with petrol cards when they were 21 etc...works out in the end..

I didn't think you'd be after a first year, but thought I'd mention it anyway lol...I CAN'T work for chicken feed though...pre-app average score was 96.5% if that helps :P

perfect weather right now. so tempted to go for a drive but epic cbf..

If my car wasn't such a heap of shit I'd go for a drive right now. Can't be f**ked going out tonight but a drive to nowhere would be good

don't buy a VIV car you f**king knobgobbler. It needs to be fixed, then go through a VIV inspection by an engineer etc. too much hassle.

my current golf wasn't hail damaged, the one I bought just before this was, kept it for a week, then flipped it for profit and bought this one.

okay.

drive would be nice right now.. where to go?

steaks?

I've already eaten, but what did you have in mind?

I'm going to outback jack's for dinner tomorrow, might try the 1kg rump, or go for the biggest of the nicer cuts they have...

Yeah that's what I meant, you're not getting 'paid' but you're getting money from your parents anyway, so it works out the same when it's him you're working for..Same way my cousins grew up...They worked a shit load of hours, didn't really get paid, but all lived rent free til they got married (pretty much the standard wog way anyway) and all had clubsports with petrol cards when they were 21 etc...works out in the end..

I didn't think you'd be after a first year, but thought I'd mention it anyway lol...I CAN'T work for chicken feed though...pre-app average score was 96.5% if that helps :P

yep thats pretty much how it is, works out just fine.

lol he doesn't usually care about year level its just that its pretty quiet at the moment and has been for the last few months, we'll see if it picks up later on...

If my car wasn't such a heap of shit I'd go for a drive right now. Can't be f**ked going out tonight but a drive to nowhere would be good

doesnt really matter what car aslong as it doesnt break down lol

Goodluck finding a decent one though

It was a nice night so I thought I might go for a drive, first time over the westgate in my car at night in a very very long time... Highway patrol was setup on the westgate on the way home. Ended up going Lygon Street, heaps of cars out and about

Goodluck finding a decent one though

It was a nice night so I thought I might go for a drive, first time over the westgate in my car at night in a very very long time... Highway patrol was setup on the westgate on the way home. Ended up going Lygon Street, heaps of cars out and about

saw you drive past on lygon street. Saw a r33 with proper offset and knew it had to be you haha

think it's 100k once you include super as well. not sure, haven't looked at my contract since I threatened to quit about 8 months ago.

for what I do, in melb its about right, but in syd I should be sittin on 120k.

nice.

If anyone wanted to earn big bucks they would move to the mining industry. Those guys are handing out shitloads of dollars. Got a couple of friends who work on oil rigs. One of them did 84 days straight. Pays a heap but not an easy life doing 12hrs everyday and stuck on an oil rig

A few electricians I've met that have worked on mines in W.A have NFI. We had them help us with a job over there, and they couldn't even tell the difference of a DOL vs. VSD, and wiring a 3-phase motor in delta or star. I'm hoping its not the vast majority...could possibly be why they weren't working on the mines anymore.

As for my career, I'm contemplating trying to get my foot in the door eventually with PLC programming. Had a little taste of it doing maintenance at Schweppes a week ago, and quite like it.

yep thats pretty much how it is, works out just fine.

lol he doesn't usually care about year level its just that its pretty quiet at the moment and has been for the last few months, we'll see if it picks up later on...

doesnt really matter what car aslong as it doesnt break down lol

Do you guys wire up new houses or just maintenance and installations etc in existing houses?

and it probably would break down + front tires are almost down to belts, so shouldn't drive it anywhere I don't need too...

i wanna go for a nice long drive tomorrow, where to go indeed...

thinking Shepparton but it seems boring up there

f**k that, not much to do in Shepparton and the drive is boring as well