SAU Community

R35 In Matte Paint

leong

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have recently seen a matte black R35 in Melbourne. Does anyone know who can do this ?

Nearly any good panel shop can do this for you - it's going to be costly - but you will need to strip the GTR back to factory coat and respray as necessary.

As far as I know - the R35 GTR does not come in Matt-black - please correct if I am wrong though.

vinyl wrap will look about as good as home tint jobs do after a while

Is this a fact?

I'm asking because I have no idea and have never seen a vinyl wrapped car in the flesh. I have considered doing this to my own car but have always wondered how durable a vinyl wrap would be in the harsh Australian sun over time.

Can anyone provide pictures of a vinyl wrapped car and then show it 1-2 years later and 5 years later if possible? A car that actually gets driven too, and not just rolled out for display at car shows.

vinyl wrap will look about as good as home tint jobs do after a while

wow such an unsupported comment to make.

And even if they do turn shit after a while how hard is it to take it off and reapply? Not very hard at all depending on what material they use to contact it to the body.

You think that looks good? I saw the same thing done to a Lambo Murcielago in Lucerne Switzerland last year, it was the bomb batmobile style

Here is a pic of the one floating around Melbourne.

Does anyone know how to contact this owner ? Or is he on this forum ? I would like to have a chat. Thanks.

25162527604082160212901.jpg

Hey I saw that very car today on Ferntree Gully road at about 10.30am!!

To be honest, I rprefer the black shiny factory paint, but it certainly did look tough in the matt, maybe this particular car was a bit too grey, if it had more black to it, like the photo LSX-438 had posted perhaps?

BTW this is only the 3rd GT-R I have ever seen in the metal...and it has been said before, this car has REAL supercar presence on the road!

I have recently seen a matte black R35 in Melbourne. Does anyone know who can do this ?

Contact Nick at Exotic Kustoms, 0397735944

it is a vinyl wrap, not that expensive, lasts up to 5 years, any damaged sections can be replaced, can be done in any colour available.

Hi Dave,

I would like to know if it is a paint job or vinyl wrap?

If it is a wrap where can I see one in the flesh? What is the cost of doing one?

Thanks.

Hi Leong,

what do you want to know?

Dave

Hi Dave,

I would like to know if it is a paint job or vinyl wrap?

If it is a wrap where can I see one in the flesh? What is the cost of doing one?

Thanks.

It is a wrap, done by Exotic Kustoms in Carrum Downs. It cost about $3750 I think.

Ring Nick on 97735944.