SAU Community

R34 4 Door Vs 2 Door Compatibility

Hello :blink:

Im trying to figure out a styline route for my R34 4 door. Does anybody know (for certain) what the compatability is between the 2 door and 4 door chassis?

Are the wings/bonnet/front and rear bumper the same on both cars?

Spoiler isnt interchangable - but you can easily fit a 2D wing to a 4D by pulling the lug and drilling a hole for the second bolting point (the first one lines up).

front bar is the same, bonnet same

rear bar is not

wings? you mean front fenders? or side skirts?

- Front fenders the same - Pretty much everything up to the A pillar.

- Whole dash assembly the same.

- Front seats the same

- Front suspension, Rear suspension - the same (...but I've read somewhere - please don't quote me on this - stock front suspension on the sedan is slightly stiffer due to the extra weight when braking)

- Tail lights - different

- Boot - Different

- Rear bar - Different.

Eastbear have some nice coupe/GTR style bumpers and panels for the R34 4 door -> http://www.east-bear.co.jp/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Thanks all!

Big help :)

Do R34GTR bonnets, front bumper/bar and fenders/wings fit?

To have the front bar bonnet off a gtr i beileve you have to replace the bonnet bar an fenders all in one hit.

And there's no difference between early model and late model front bumper fitment?

I have a 2001 turbo sedan with the update bumper and wanna take it off to fit a non turbo early model bumper :)

To have the front bar bonnet off a gtr i beileve you have to replace the bonnet bar an fenders all in one hit.

Also the mounting points for the lights are different as far as I know, which mat suggest the fron uprights needs changing to do it all properly. Otherwise you can knock up brackets to fit the GT-R lights.

• 2 weeks later...

i think you will find the front seats are different from 4 door to 2 door.

i purchased a set of front seat rails for a 34 gtt autotechnia brand i think they were, sign said 34 4 door compatible, tried fitting and works out they are only for 2 door version. rang mob who made them and they said the 4 and 2 door are different, and they don't make 4 door version. bolt holes at rear of seat are the difference.

From what I recall of the seats, 2-door & 4-door GTT are compatible but GTR is totally different? Perhaps someone can correct me?

From what I recall of the seats, 2-door & 4-door GTT are compatible but GTR is totally different? Perhaps someone can correct me?

That is correct.

GT-R is different.

• Like 1

I have a 2001 turbo sedan with the update bumper and wanna take it off to fit a non turbo early model bumper :(

Is there a difference between early model turbo and non turbo front bumpers?

Or are people refering to the non turbo as the standard type then the turbo as the nismo option type?

Attached picture's for reference, the black one to me is the standard bumper with the lip, the orange one the Nismo option bar, then you get the later model round type?

Oh and seats 2 door and 4 door are the same, but 2wd - 4wd are different.

post-11869-1274587009_thumb.jpg

post-11869-1274587020_thumb.jpg

Edited by msports180

i think you will find the front seats are different from 4 door to 2 door.

i purchased a set of front seat rails for a 34 gtt autotechnia brand i think they were, sign said 34 4 door compatible, tried fitting and works out they are only for 2 door version. rang mob who made them and they said the 4 and 2 door are different, and they don't make 4 door version. bolt holes at rear of seat are the difference.

Seats are the same. Could be the rails that are different lengths - as you will need to move the seats more for coupes for rear passenger access.

And there's no difference between early model and late model front bumper fitment?

I have a 2001 turbo sedan with the update bumper and wanna take it off to fit a non turbo early model bumper :(

If you are running the stock side mounted intercooler - I do NOT recommend putting a non-turbo bumper - reason being is that it needs the side vent.

If you have a front mount intercooler - the non-turbo bumper will be ok, but may require some modification.

If you intend on keeping the side mount intercooler - your options are limited to the GTT bumper or nismo bumper - or if you're really keen a GT-R bumper, which means you will need a new bonnet, side fenders etc.

Is there a difference between early model turbo and non turbo front bumpers?

Or are people refering to the non turbo as the standard type then the turbo as the nismo option type?

Attached picture's for reference, the black one to me is the standard bumper with the lip, the orange one the Nismo option bar, then you get the later model round type?

Oh and seats 2 door and 4 door are the same, but 2wd - 4wd are different.

Non turbo doesn't have the vent on the side for the intercooler etc. Seeing as I don't want that, that's the reason for going non turbo.

Does anyone know if the tailshafts are the same between 2 door manual gtt and 4 door auto gtt? I need the rear section changed on my 2 door as the center bearing has collapsed on the rear sectin of the two piece tailshaft and I have access to replace it with a 4 door auto shaft and bearing.

Here is a picture of the part in question...

PICT0009.JPG