SAU Community

Hiring A Car With A Tow Bar

geraus

Hey guys I want to enter the winton raceday for drifting and was wondering if you guys know where I can hire a tow car? Ive called budget cars and eurocar but they don't offer that stuff... So if anyone knows cheers... :D

Just an idea.

You know you can get a custom tow bar made up for your R33 GTS-T in half a day and wont cost you anymore than $500. My mate just did this and works great. PM me if you want a contact number.

Just a thought as you might be paying that just for the towing car.

You can hire utes from most bunnings, and i'm pretty sure they have towbars cos there for people who want to trailer stuff home but don't have a towbar on their car. I remember looking at the prices and they were pretty cheap too for a whole day.

Just an idea.

You know you can get a custom tow bar made up for your R33 GTS-T in half a day and wont cost you anymore than $500. My mate just did this and works great. PM me if you want a contact number.

Just a thought as you might be paying that just for the towing car.

The tow vehicle wouldn't be for him to trailer the GTST up there? :P

also most hire places for a vehicle or trailer will become unfriendly and unhappy when you tell them your intentions. so read the fine print, inc insurance. Ive had tyre blow outs, and had my fair share of exceitment trailering in the past.

i know a tow truck driver but he'd charge you probly $300 to take it up there and back.

have fun at winton, i wanted to go but am unable to.

lol, sorry i want to TOW my R33 the one in my picture.. to drift at winton :P sorry for the confusion... oh yeh? really? i will check bunnings out.. i need something to tow my skyline...

It depends but most utes will do it , if the car trialer has brakes on it. your going to be paying for for car rental plus trailer rental im assuming so maybe the price of that would add up to the same price as having to get it towed back if something goes wrong over there.

hmm i called just before and they said the 1 toner utes have tow bars... do you guys reckon they are strong enough to pull a skyline r33?

Any newish falcon ute will be fine. 1 tonner suspension is well suited to that. Still not sure if they'll like the idea of towing an approx 2000kg's.

im worried if i drive up and i break something.. i wont be able to drive back down :blush: all good, i'l just hire a trailor and a 1toner cheers. guyss

I would call around a few tow places, if you can get it up there and a back for a few hundred it saves you a lot of headaches and removes other possible disasters.

im worried if i drive up and i break something.. i wont be able to drive back down :blush: all good, i'l just hire a trailor and a 1toner cheers. guyss

Just plan to drive it up and back and if something happens then get a tow truck.

How much would a tow truck be from Winton?

When I needed to move my R33 from Bayswater to Seymour (120ks) the prices were between $400 to $600 depending on the company. Winton is twice that distance from Melbourne.

Tandem trailer hire is $100 per day and car hire is between $80 & $150 a day. Depending on how many days you're hiring the car and trailer for I'd say its the cheaper option.

Is your car in good condition?

If so what do you think your going to break?

Is your car running crazy power or something?