SAU Community

Coil Pack Differences. Series 1 & 2, R32/r33/r34 Gtr

Hi everyone,

As I understand it... all R32's and the series 1 R33 and R33 GTR's use the same type of coil pack, which uses an ignitor module to fire the coils. And the series 2 R33's and all R34's use a coil pack that has a built in ignitor.

Now here's the question.... Are the plugs for the series 1 and series 2 coil packs the same?

The reason I ask is that I need to source a coil pack loom so I can cannibalise the plugs off it for a custom wire up that is using R34 GTR coil packs. I’d rather not buy a genuine coil pack loom only to chop it up for my project.

Cheers,

Ian

do you mean ECR33 series 1 & 2?

if so, then the plugs are physically different

and ER34 has different style of plug again

ie you cant use ECR33 series 2 coilpacks on ER34

So you mean there is 3 different types of coil packs then?

I only have R34 gtr coil packs in my posession. So these would be the same as series 2 ECR33 then I presume because im pretty sure they also use the SPF-005 coil packs...?

Edited by GTRNUR

Well that rules out R34 GTT looms. I was more interested in R32's and Series 1 R33 looms/coil packs though, as these are far more common and I can probably find a wreck a lot easier to pinch the plugs from if they are compatible.

If anyone has a photo of an R32/series 1 coil pack and can post it up it will be helpful.