SAU Community

Rb20det Budget Mods.

Hello everyone reading this, i own an r32 gts-t with basic mods, i have FMIC, Catback 3" exhaust, Z32 fuel pump, Gapped sparkplugs, Pod filter and boosted to 14psi. The problem i am havin is my topend power is ok but i want to get the most out of bottem end i know rb20's are know for poor bottem end power but if any one could help me getthe most out of my engine it would be grately appreciated.

Well I can suggest if you are still running the factory dump pipe,Make that your very first upgrade...This will bring boost on harder and make the car a whole lot nicer to drive. While you are there,upgrade your cat if you havent done so already.....But bear in mind RB20's will always be sluggish down low. 2 litre 6 cylinder engine will always be a top end proposition

Thanks alot man i forgot to mention i have already upgraded the dumpipe, and gutted the cat. 3" front pipe on its way in the next few weeks, i c alot of people selling mines ecu's on SAU if i purchesed one of these and just plug it in and away i go should i get an upgraded power result, at the moment a tune is just out of my budget.

gutted cat=Big no no for the street. Mega fine if you are caught. Dont know about the mines ecu. For the extra I would be going aftermarket ecu and a tune. Mines stuff is really best suited for Japanese conditions..If you are on a budget I have heard good things about toshi remaps...Do a search on these in the search menu....

gutted cat=Big no no for the street. Mega fine if you are caught. Dont know about the mines ecu. For the extra I would be going aftermarket ecu and a tune. Mines stuff is really best suited for Japanese conditions..If you are on a budget I have heard good things about toshi remaps...Do a search on these in the search menu....

Poor aussies and all your heavy restrictions...

Hey calum32, I had a R32 Gts-t and got 190rwkw with a few basic mods :(

Get a RB25 Turbo and you will feel a big difference!! Plus a tune and you should see alot more power. But your not gonna get much down low, lol, RB20's love lag, but i kinda liked it lol

I was going to get a Mine's ECU but after reading a whole bunch from different places on the net, I decided against it.

An SAFC or E-manage blue or some kind of piggyback ecu would give you a better power curve for not much money (compared to a full standalone unit) but a lot of people don't like them on here. I can understand why too, if you're going to spend (let's say) around $750-$1000 might as well get it right the first time, spend up to $1500 for a PFC + tune.

Just giving rough figures of course, for arguement's sake.

But if you're going for a budget build a piggyback would be the way I'd say.

And as already suggested an RB25 turbo. I remember recently reading about VG or VQ turbo's that are a direct bolt on to RB25's as well, not sure how that would go for you.

nistune, it allows you to tune the factory ecu. roughly $300 for the parts installed then roughly $500 for a full tune.

because its the standard ecu, means cops cant defect you for it!

Or the other option is to get a AFC Neo as a Piggy Back. That would set ya back $400 second hand and then $300 for tune and install. I have one of these at the moment, good if your not going to do heaps of big mods.

Put an Rb25 turbo on and Nistune it, that's about the best you're going to get without going for a bigger turbo. Best bang for buck.

If you want more down low.. not a whole lot you can do with the RB20 in that regards. I wanted more down low, so I built a twincam 30 :)

thanks for the suggestion mate, while ppl are talkin about r33 turbo as an upgrade what are the benefits of it like how will it produce more power? and is a kkr turbo upgrade a better decision than an r33 turbo if so what kkr what be good?

dont waste your time with mines, dont waste your time with afc's, emanage, power-fc's etc. For R32's get the Nistune and end of story. It does everything you need and does it better than all of the other ones listed.

Info here; http://www.nistune.com

Tuner here; http://www.chequeredtuning.com/new/ (in victoria)

Best turbo for r32 gtst is HKS2530. Pick one up from $800-$1500 ; power goal 210-230kw atw

Best bang for buck is r33 standard turbo, dont run it over 13psi (even thats a push) 180 - 190kw atw

end of story

nistune, it allows you to tune the factory ecu. roughly $300 for the parts installed then roughly $500 for a full tune.

because its the standard ecu, means cops cant defect you for it!

if ur paying $800 for a that ur getting royally reamed, shouldnt be paying more than $600, around the $500 mark is about what id expect to pay.

Haha thanks for getting straight to the point man, can i ask what you are running and the power out put and if u have had a tune by the people u sent me the link of

hks2530, 15psi, 210kw atw @ 11.5afr, tuned by chequered tuning with nistune (link above)

find me a nistune for rb20 now and ill buy it...

nistune can be purchased through their website (i did) or through chequered tuning. I believe they do a nistune supply, install and tune package.

Info here; http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fa...tr-t306749.html