SAU Community

Put Your Cars Away

dan_the_man

Got totally pwn'd. Just got back from the shops and got the shopping in and figured I'd better get the car in the garage. *Chunk* *Chunk* *ChunkChunkChunk*... Nooooooooooo!!!

All I could do was watch while the hail pounded my baby - alarm screaming out in agony. She now looks like a golf ball. Thankfully Just Car have agreed to cover it and are sending an assessor tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a new paint job - some of those dents aint getting pulled (like the ones on the a-pillar and front fender).

do you have full comp? ... mine also looks like a golf ball, but i've only got 3rd party fire n theft :*(

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i was considering selling it soon, but unless i can convince the buyer of those benefits i don't think it's gonna happen.

guess i'll drive it for the next few years then scrap it for parts..

No hail at our place or when I was on the road..

I had a truck lesson at 3pm yesterday.. first hill descent.. in that weather! it was so bad at one point that the instructor goes "we have to turn right somewhere up here but I can't even see the street either, so.. good luck with that" lol

No hail on my GTR but driving home in the middle of the storm was crazy. Visibility was like 2M ahead and to top it off trees and power poles all over the ground.

Had to go through this giant puddle to get to my house and thatw as not good on the car. Idle sounds screwed at the moment and had a giant branch stabbed under my car (no idea where I dragged that from as I basically couldn't see the road)

Now here's to praying no water got sucked in. *please no major damage*

do you have full comp? ... mine also looks like a golf ball, but i've only got 3rd party fire n theft :*(

Yeah man, thankfully. Was nearly in tears on the way to work today - I was devastated. I feel for you mate, I was really worried they wouldn't cover it so I know exactly how you're feeling.

Just found out this morning that all my panels which looked dandy when it was wet are in fact golf ball material =\

Also, group buy on windscreens?

UWA got hit pretty seriously hard, as I was leaving my tut at about 430 I had to run down a flodded corridor. A bit of a pansy you might think...

Until I mentioned that as I was getting into that corridor I literally had to shove the ceiling out of the way of the door to get through it, and then bolt as the rest of the ceiling came down after me.

Going fast on the way home meant idling in first, and if I was lucky I could also stop braking occasionally =]

Saw a dude's carport (with his car in it) flooded so that you couldn't even see his wheels it was that deep

LOL at that picture.

Hbf are such bastards for cancelling my full comp unexpectedly last week =P

Also, did anybody see all the popo on stirling highway at about 7? Every few minutes there was another car screaming down with it's disco lights going. How on earth would you have managed to commit a crime in weather like that? Puddle burnouts? :blink:

Also, did anybody see all the popo on stirling highway at about 7? Every few minutes there was another car screaming down with it's disco lights going. How on earth would you have managed to commit a crime in weather like that? Puddle burnouts? :blink:

traffic accidents?

Yeah I realised that. but still... How?!?! You were lucky if traffic was moving y'know?

My boss was crawling along Armadale Rd last night in a long line of traffic and this tool in something fast (don't know what) decided to duck into the left lane and take his chances speeding through the water... and straight into a fallen tree. Totalled his car. Fail.

I was delivering out in Balcatta when the golf-ball sized and bigger hail started slamming down, it was crazy.. couldn't really do much else than sit there and listen to it pounding down. Heaps of dents in the roof.. but work van so not too worried :P I was however sitting there thinking oh shit, how is my skyline parked in Osborne Park holding up!!

Couldn't see anything in the rainy weather when I got back but in the dry today I found about 6-7 tiny dings :blink: Nothing too much though, but I would be curious to see what the cost is involved in getting them pulled out. Couldn't believe how much damage was done so quickly, whilst I was sitting there every car in the lot got pummelled with a number getting broken windows. Driving along Wanneroo road there was heaps of flooded sections.. drove behind a nice black lexus that got it particularly bad, smashed back window, cracked front, looked like a golf ball with dents all over.. only just got back to work on time but ended up leaving straight away cause the power was out anyway haha.