SAU Community

Mesh for Front Bar

Freebaggin

I'm having trouble locating some mesh for my new front bar (minimum purchase from one place was 12m by 24m, yes meters :thumbdwn: ). Do you guys have any suggestions? I am after diamond style mesh with the diamond being about 2cm by 1cm.

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, its just sitting down there.  

Perhaps give Mark a call.  I will be going in this arvo to have my exh cam dialed in, I can ask for you then if you like.

Great, that would be good mate. I need 1m x 1m I suppose. Let me know.

Just checked with Mark, he said no probs, just go down and see him - although grepin was down there and I noticed the mesh I had was a little smaller than his, so may not be exactly what you are looking for.

1mx1m is a fair bit, are you doing making a front bar our of mesh?:P

Just checked with Mark, he said no probs, just go down and see him - although grepin was down there and I noticed the mesh I had was a little smaller than his, so may not be exactly what you are looking for.

1mx1m is a fair bit, are you doing making a front bar our of mesh?:(

Thanks for that. I thought he'd prefer to get rid of larger portions, so smaller is better for sure.

You got good grunt from dyno runs today I hear, are you happier?

I have had a good run in the last day or so, basically tidying up tune and boost leaking from stock BOV. I've gone from 250 to 265 at the same boost (1.2 bar) and heaps more mid range. Car fells totally different, feels like it's ready to kill me!

Sounds good. Its amazing how much difference a small boost leak can rob. I got my boost in about 3-400rpm earlier from blocking the PCV valve, tidied idle up a bit too.

I spent nearly 3 hours dialing in the cams only to find the original setting was close to right. It is amazing, the difference was only minimal going from 0deg to -5deg on the the exhaust.

I am happy considering the setup. The exhaust is definately killing power up top, but that is what you get for a street legal, quiet exhaust. I knew this would be the case, as when I put it on it killed power/spool up when compared to the N1 system I had on previously.

I made 270 at 1.1 bar, 285 at 1.2bar, (not that great when I was making 256 at 1 bar without cams, but the engine has been decompressed) and there after the car starts choking. Final figure was 309. Also, I think I may need to change my intercooler to throttle body pipe - its only 2 1/2 inches diameter, so I am sure a 3" pipe will help it breathe a little better (it was 3" before the trust plenum went on, mick seemed to think it would be worth alot to upgrade). I will get it up on the rollers again when the pipe is sorted, and might just rip off the exhaust to see what happens.

Sounds like its time to get some decent rubber if you havent already, normal street tyres just dont seem to like much over 230-240rwkw.

Group buy for RE540s anbody?:(

Thanks Whats, much happier, Shaun at Boost Worx really put in the effort and care needed and the important thing is the way it drives not the numbers so much.

Steve and co., no more RE540s in Oz left!!! Running them out for the new RE55 which is CRAP, just ask Chris32, only lasted 3000km, whereas Grepin's (and Whats's) RE540s are not quite as grippy but have lasted a long time with a good old caning. Fantastic tyre the 540, pitty.

Bridgestone comming out with harder compound RE55 to address durability issues as there are a number of race categories that are really pissed off with the swapp from 540s to 55s. I think late March for new rubber. Other dissapointing thing is the new RE55s are asymetric.