SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

I run a 6266 .84 T4 split pulse and made 352rwkw on 21psi that was with E70. Full boost about 4800. Though my Turbo is the Journal bearing one. If you buy BB alot more responsive around 4300rpm. 6266 is good size for 500kw with e85

Big difference between 600 or 700hp? I understand this came for a good price but obviously you aren't happy with it and the car has been built around this turbo now (exhaust cooler pipes etc) if 600 and a bit is your goal and you like response go a 6266 with a 1.0 rear. Your motor will love the larger turbine it will feel nicer down low off boost and it will make 600-650hp quite easily!

Are you on stock capacity? If so a .84 wont be too bad. But obviously you are gunna be leaning pretty hard on a stock motor chasing those numbers.

If your motor goes bang would you stay 2.6 or would you go stroker? If yes to stroker go the 1.0 if happy with 2.6 go .84

Edited by Mick_o
  • Like 1

Big difference between 600 or 700hp? I understand this came for a good price but obviously you aren't happy with it and the car has been built around this turbo now (exhaust cooler pipes etc) if 600 and a bit is your goal and you like response go a 6266 with a 1.0 rear. Your motor will love the larger turbine it will feel nicer down low off boost and it will make 600-650hp quite easily!

Are you on stock capacity? If so a .84 wont be too bad. But obviously you are gunna be leaning pretty hard on a stock motor chasing those numbers.

If your motor goes bang would you stay 2.6 or would you go stroker? If yes to stroker go the 1.0 if happy with 2.6 go .84

i already had a 3.5" tomei exhaust on the car, 3" dump no cat, cooler, pipe work all came with the turbo. sweet im just chasing info at the mo as ive read this thread a few times over since i put this turbo on. yeah shes still a 2.6 if she goes ill be looking at going 2.7 or 2.8. i know she'll get leaned on abit on a stock motor to make those numbers but she is my daily driven car and the occasional track/drag day. for the time been 600 would be the most but once built 700 will be my goal

Edited by cliptonz1

Hey mate, i saw you were selling your turbo on facebook and was going to comme t but didnt want to f**k up your sale.. 20psi @ 5000rpm does not sound right

I use a 6466 Gen2 with .82 Vband single entry housing on my built RB26, which has a Nissan 2.6 crank and HKS 272 10.2mm cams

On E85, it makes 30psi by about 4500rpm, and makes 710rwhp

I would highly recommend this to anyone.. it has less lag than my previous 2860-5 setup, which i personally did not think was laggy.. but theres no contest when compared to a big single, it comes on like an absolute motherf**ker

• Like 1

Also the setup made 656whp on 1.7bar / 24.5psi

It became difficult for the tuner to get proper readings out of the CAS at that point, so we changed to crank trigger sensor to go 2bar

• 1 month later...

Looking at a 6466 t4 twin scroll for my built 2.6. Is the .84 or 1.00 recommended?

Edit: And where is the best place to buy these days?

Edited by 33SOM

34 minutes ago, ohno1 said:

I reckon 1.00 will be too large on a 2.6

Read my mini review of my setup a couple posts up

Cheers mate. 

I was reading the thread for about half an hour. Must of missed the last page..

I have a 1.0 on a 6766 that's bolted to a 2.6 and its fine. E85, 272/264 9.1mm cams and a decent amount of head work and I don't think its laggy at all. I would see full boost (currently 23psi) no later than 4500rpm

• 1 month later...

Ive decided to go with the gen 2 6266 with a t3 .82 rear on my basic built 25 (cams,springs,studs and forged).. I already had a manifold otherwise i would have liked to go the .82 T4 twinscroll.. but none the less ill be pushing it and hoping to post some decent results in the coming months.. the decision between the 62mm and the 64mm was tough but i decided to go with a slightly more street friendly turbo as after RW17 it will be mainly used around town... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So many posts to go through and not enough time :(

So what are people making nowadays with a 6766, 1.0 split rear on E85 on a stock stroke RB26?

My girlfriend seems to think her car is a bit of a nugget and I want to prove her wrong. It runs 138mph in full street trim and makes 485rwkw at 23psi on the Unigoup dyno which is a pretty tough dyno from my experience

Not sure about 6766 but my brother Inlaw, who bought my previous Gtr went 6466 1.00 and maxed the turbo out on his setup at 553kw at 40psi

built 2.6, mild head/cams, 3.5" exhaust etc on United e85 tuned @ Jez . 

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I am currently still two Td05 g18 billet turbos. I would also like to switch to a singel Precision Turbo.  

My Setup:

Build Rb26,

ported Head,

Oversize Valve, 

270cams 10.8 mm,

Revlimit: 8500,

1000cc Fic Injectors,

Walbro 450l Fuelpump.

Fuel: 102 oktan, 

Boost max 30psi

I want to more than 800hp on the Flywheel. 

I do not know which turbo I should buy. The 6466 bb or the 6766 bb? And if what ar? I apologize for my bad english :)

Edited by Ersatzreifen

Well. On a near stock head with a quick home port job, stock valves with 80lb springs and a set of drop ins i made near enough to 550awkw on a 2.8 with a 6466 with 84 rear. 4 inch dump was at 49psi. The turbos like to be run hard. 

Grab it by the pussy