SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

5 hours ago, ido09s said:

fark me, 49psi!!!!! what fuel?

I am hoping to make 550rwkw at 30 odd psi with a 6766. I currently make 485rwkw at 23psi and the car runs 138mph all day long which is the true dyno ;)

Is that on a 2.6? 

• Like 1

Had my car on the dyno yesterday.. 570hp on 20psi,

Built 25 with the gen 2 6266 t3 .82

Currently the car is blowing alittle smoke on idle (typical precision?) so i wanna get that sorted aswell as a cas syncing issue before turning it up alittle more... 

Other then that im stoked with how it drives and comes on

IMG_7808.JPG

Edited by azzada1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Do you think it will be possible to make around 700kw from a 6870 - h cover 1.15 rear on at rb28. Head has been ported and built? Trying to keep under 40psi. 

12 hours ago, acr said:

Do you think it will be possible to make around 700kw from a 6870 - h cover 1.15 rear on at rb28. Head has been ported and built? Trying to keep under 40psi. 

No one else has weighed in so I'll bite :)  Those turbos have been proven to make that power and more @ wheels on the "right dyno".   I personally wouldn't expect that kind of number on a Mainline or a Dyno Dynamics, but a Dynojet or Dynapack I'd say is plausible IF the engine spec and all supporting mods are up to it.    

E85 would be a must, btw.

Edited by Lithium

From my vague memory I've seen one do 700kw on a Dyno Dynamics fairly easily, may have been just under but not much (I was replacing my gearbox at the time so was a little distracted). That was a 2.8L and from memory around a 1.0 rear

12 hours ago, SimonR32 said:

From my vague memory I've seen one do 700kw on a Dyno Dynamics fairly easily, may have been just under but not much (I was replacing my gearbox at the time so was a little distracted). That was a 2.8L and from memory around a 1.0 rear

Sweet, that's good to know - I'm always cautious setting expectations on those dynos, people have gone >1000whp on other more popular breeds of dyno but its hard to know how to convert.

I reckon you will make it, but you'll need around 40psi these turbos love boost. I'm using 6870 1.0 rear just made 488hp on 15psi 98 pump fuel. Nothing to serious as it's just a run in tune my motor is only 2.7 and not built for 98 pump. Also it was on a mainline dyno 4wd

Edited by QUP29

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:41 PM, azzada1 said:

Had my car on the dyno yesterday.. 570hp on 20psi,

Built 25 with the gen 2 6266 t3 .82

Currently the car is blowing alittle smoke on idle (typical precision?) so i wanna get that sorted aswell as a cas syncing issue before turning it up alittle more... 

Other then that im stoked with how it drives and comes on

IMG_7808.JPG

Ok after getting frustrated with the smoke on idle and struggling to believe it was the brand new turbo with an inline oil filter I pulled the motor down and came across afew problems from when it was first assembled.. oil rings weren't to flash, acl pistons had hit and snapped off 5 of 6 oil squirters and we also found some glass beads in the head... frustrating but at least we found the real issues and tbh the motor was cheaper then the turbo..

My Reason for this post was to clarify that the smoke was not in fact the turbo, However if I hadn't had the inline filter I fear the turbo may have been damaged and needed a rebuild, the filter caught about 5 small pieces of glass and sand.. For the $80 it costs for the earls filter it seems almost stupid not to run it as insurance.

The motor has been rebuilt now and I've ordered a ross trigger kit to eliminate the CAS issues, I look forward to turning it up to see what the 6266 can do on 25-30psi on the rb25.

• 2 months later...

If anyone is chasing a new 7685 (waiting list at most places), I've got a brand new (test-fitted only) 7685 gen 2, dual ball-bearing, 1.12 ceramic coated exhaust housing. Should crack 1000whp with correct supporting mods.

Chasing $4800 (RRP is around $5500) or swap for a 6870 gen 2 (prefer 1.15 twinscroll rear) with cash my way.

PM me if interested.

Cheers.