SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

1 hour ago, burn4005 said:

its interesting that the Precisions seem to be happy well past the flow the manufacturer rates the compressor for. whereas Borg Warner made their turbines strong enough to cope with the choke speed of the compressor they paired it with and not much more as its outside the design parameters.

They just quote some arbitrary hp number which annoys me no end, if you run a "705hp" Precision turbo on a diesel engine you are not going to make anywhere NEAR that power - though if you remove that turbo and then put it on a serious engine running "FTW Black" race fuel you could end up making 900-1000hp - yet on both engines it could have been completely at choke flow.  

Even "lb/min" really is a slightly crap rating for air flow, the whole "corrected gas flow" thing is all well and good when Borg Warner, Garrett, Holset etc all use different standards for defining what mass air flow is moved in whatever conditions.  

Just looking for a bit of guidance,

I have a built rb26 forged bottom end stock piston size nur block.

Head is very ported 1mm over size valves

276 degree cam shafts billet

Vct custom cam set up off a rb25

hypertune plenum 

6 boost manifold 6266 gen2 pricision turbo,.Large enough fuel system to run e85

Just looking for where i would be at power wise i don t really want to run 40 psi or any thing as its a street car, I had around 480 awhp with my hks 25/30 twin turbo setup on a stock motor that threw a ring lan at powercruise a few years ago. I liked the response alot used to chop alot more powerfull cars due to response and grip.

Any one done this combo and have graphs or any idea where abouts id be at.

Boost is nearly irrelevant. Its timing and tuning. How much is blown out the exhaust @what deg. Of timing, manifold backpressures ect ect. You could theoretically run 100psi safely if the cam,crank,ignition and injection timing was to suit. Dont be afraid to run boost with these turbos. Ive found the couple ive had anything to do with like to be in the mid to high 30s or even 40s. 

17 hours ago, Gtir-keiron said:

rb26 forged bottom end stock piston size.

Head is very ported 1mm over size valves

276 degree cam shafts billet

Vct custom cam set up off a rb25

6 boost manifold 6266 gen2 pricision turbo,. e85

Just looking for where i would be at power wise

Turbine housing will be the deciding factor on your power figure, and response.  Eg. single scroll 0.84 will be way different from split pulse 1.15.

If you're limiting yourself to 2 bar, could range from 450 - 550kW.  Your rpm ceiling will also play a part in that figure. So there's a few variables.

The first and most obvious difference is complexity and cost.  Packaging/engineering difficulties being part of that situation.

The second and less easy to quantify with a dyno sheet is throttle feel and how it drives into boost or how it behaves on gear changes etc (different from how it runs at WOT).

Otherwise, the power figure will (should) be higher with a bigger housing simply because the engine can exhale more efficiently, lower backpressure, better scavenging, less retained heat etc etc. 

There are reasons to go with either approach, and quite a few traps that can prevent "best" outcome for each.

I'm currently engineering a 6266 0.8 single scroll 6boost setup onto a basic 30DET engine.  Knowing that engine performance is only a part of what makes the car go fast.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dale FZ1 said:

Turbine housing will be the deciding factor on your power figure, and response.  Eg. single scroll 0.84 will be way different from split pulse 1.15.

If you're limiting yourself to 2 bar, could range from 450 - 550kW.  Your rpm ceiling will also play a part in that figure. So there's a few variables.

Its .84

split pulse manifold

All other things being equal, the 6266gen2 will piss on your 2530 twins in both response and power

If you were happy with them, you will be happier with the Precision

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone tell me where the best deals are being done on a 6466 nowadays?

I am wanting to try a 6466 on our engine and see if it makes more power than the 6766 we currently have fitted to it.

Would a 6466 with a .8 rear make over 500rwkw? The 6766 is a 1.0 rear, T4 split pulse on a genuine GReddy exhaust manifold.

The car is tuned by Unirgroup and is currently making 460/480rwkw at 30psi. Runs 138mph consistently

Wouldn't it be healthier to run the 6466 with the current 1.00 rear? It's such a large snail, don't stick a cork up its ass and run the peanut 0.84. In AND out!

Why is it "only" making 480 on 30 psi? Sounds kinda low given boost and turbo size. Possible issues/restrictions in the setup?

• Like 1

curiosity more than anything mate. i am sure the ass end of both turbo's would be interchangeable so if the 6466 struggled too badly with a .8 ass we could throw the 1.0 on and do some more testing. 

As you can see in this post there are cars making more power with a smaller turbo though i am led to believe the 6766 isnt best suited to an RB which may be our issue. It flows a bit more air but doesnt like the rpm side of things. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 7:12 AM, SRS13 said:

I haven't posted the results of my 6466 on a SR22VET.

On the JEM dyno, it made 512rwk on 34psi with 34psi on board at 4300rpm (from memory).

Haven't run it at the creek yet.

Got a Dyno grpah?

Anyone used the PTE 6062 Gen 2 yet? I'm currently converting from Sr20det to Vet and seems to fit the bill nicely between the 58 and 62 series range, (Currently making 410rwkw on a 5858)

Kinda surprising the Gen 2 6062 is rated 50hp higher than the Gen 1 6262

• 2 months later...