SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

On 01/03/2018 at 12:20 PM, SimonR32 said:

Should be interesting on weekend at Racewars, have 1000m run and I'm guessing I'll pick up a lot of speed from the sequential box. Best guess is around the 295km/hr region 

Only got to 291km/hr but with the 30-40km/hr headwind I'm going to say I probably would have gone over the 295 that I expected. Got a very fast ET as well considering it was on AD08R street tyres on an unprepped airport runway.

Fastest pass here being a 18.106 @ 290.8km/hr with a half mile of 15.672 @ 180mph. The quarter mile was logged via GPS at a 10.2 @ 144.1mph

Edited by SimonR32
  • Like 2

Was not dissapointed with the stock block warriors! How your car consistently beats all of the big hp pretty looking ozzy park workshop builds is beyond me haha, those quarter figures would surely improve on a preped track yes? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azzada1 said:

Was not dissapointed with the stock block warriors! How your car consistently beats all of the big hp pretty looking ozzy park workshop builds is beyond me haha, those quarter figures would surely improve on a preped track yes? 

Would expect radials and motorplex to be a bit faster but who knows... I may get off my ass one day but need at least 18s to clear brakes

18 hours ago, azzada1 said:

Why would it shock you mate? you pretty much summed up most workshop cars in your reply. They supposedly punch out big hp on a dyno but the track is a different story.... online warriors love dyno figures lol

• Like 3

Not so much shocked but a stock 26 with a 62mm being 10/20kmh faster over 1000m then built strokers with 64/68/76mm turbos is suprising to me lol.. beautiful cars none the less

What size oil drain do you guys use?

Precision say minimum -10 which was supplied with the kit i got but after looking at the drain size at the base of the turbo it seems too small.

I didnt measure the factory turbo drain but from memory (which is terrible) it would be closer to -12.

Is this a case of bigger is better or will -10 be fine.

20180313_133413_resized_1.jpg.b067d59f8183c41550ec4abf2e9768af.jpg20180313_133823_resized(1).jpg.077e37861967d8349e37faa3fa342514.jpg

2 hours ago, burn4005 said:

i wouldn't worry about the drain on a precision, most of the oil goes out through the shaft seals.

So I run one, know several others that run them for years with no issues. Every time I see issues with seals it always appears to be install error

2 hours ago, SimonR32 said:

So I run one, know several others that run them for years with no issues. Every time I see issues with seals it always appears to be install error

What installation errors have you seen that cause issues

why do so many people have so many issues with PT turbo's?

I have had the 6766 on the RB for the last 3 years i think it is. -4 feed line i think it is, no filter, -12 drain. Not an issue with it. 

5 minutes ago, SiR_RB said:

Bigger drain the better on precision’s 

and no sharp bends or kinks 

I can run -12 drain flange on the turbo then use a -12 braid hose with a 45 degree fitting on the top end with a 90 degree on the bottom going in to the block just in front of the engine mount. Hose should be almost straight with only a slight bend. Might might have another look to see if i can use a 45 bend in the bottom of hose too but not sure if ill have clearance.

3 minutes ago, azzada1 said:

I also use an earls inline oil filter for the feed.. and be careful you dont accidentally turn the oil restrictor when tightening the oil feed line

Ok cheers thanks guys ill keep an eye on that, i think the kit came with -4 feed and turbosmart filter

Alot of people dont run the filter and dont run into any other issues either, But lets not pretend precision hasn't had its fair share of complaints and quality control issues.. I fit the filter for my own piece of mind and ended up having issues with the first motor and filter saved turbo.. my drain doesnt have any fittings just the push lock -12 i think it was and a nice curve to the block with heat sleave over it to make it last.. 

Edited by azzada1

i guess it probably helps that i don't leave the oil in the car for much more than 1000klms as the car doesnt get driven a lot. Its extreme, but when it sits for 6 months at a time and runs E85 we prefer to just swap out the oil and oil filter. 

NEO25 - its been a while since i worked on a Skyline but is there any way you can run the front oil drain from an RB26 on your engine? it would make the drain very easy to make up then