SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

On 3/24/2018 at 5:37 PM, Lithium said:

Nice - what setup do you have that on? How is performance?

Quoted Lith because he loves a oil leaking precision... 9.609 @ 146.10mph last night at the drags

Not bad for the baby 62mm, only got one pass and then got the boot

18 hours ago, usmair said:

congrats on your time. very impressive!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SimonR32 said:

Quoted Lith because he loves a oil leaking precision... 9.609 @ 146.10mph last night at the drags

Not bad for the baby 62mm, only got one pass and then got the boot

Yes..

A rather mysterious Piglet has been keeping me up to date on the bacon you've been making. Absolutely huge effort - I am blown away... There is so much to be impressed with in regards to that result.

How confident are you that the same parts list you have would achieve the sake results? 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 7:53 PM, SimonR32 said:

I think that anyone could do it with the right knowledge and skills, but it's not a simple slap on a 6262 and do a 9.6

Yeah obviously - though the power to pull high 140mph trap speeds is no joke!   Funny, I was reading a thread with someone running a 6466 on a Supra and "on kill" they ran a few mid/high 9s at high 140mph traps before snapping a turbine shaft.  Your 6262 is punching high!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok its taken a while but the fab work is done and the 5862 is on, unfortunately its on the old motor with old intake and fuel system so it will still be a little while before everything is finished off, but hopefully not too long lol

20180416_114807_resized.thumb.jpg.76b264c1434b8ed25a06b81f8f2120f5.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a 6266CEA on my 30DET @ 24psi, held across 4200-7200rpm.  All basic build stuff, engine included.  8.4:1 CR, 265 degree 8.9mm fixed cams. Single scroll 0.84A/R on a 6boost manifold, 50mm gate plumbed back.  Running on petrol.

Timing scatter is currently an issue, did impact on tune/output so there's gains simply from fixing that (in progress now before the next event)

20180424_234850.jpg

20180426_104110.jpg

Edited by Dale FZ1
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Dale FZ1 said:

Here's a 6266CEA on my 30DET @ 24psi, held across 4200-7200rpm.  All basic build stuff, engine included.  8.4:1 CR, 265 degree 8.9mm fixed cams. Single scroll 0.84A/R on a 6boost manifold, 50mm gate plumbed back.  Running on petrol.

Timing scatter is currently an issue, did impact on tune/output so there's gains simply from fixing that (in progress now before the next event)

20180424_234850.jpg

RB26 Head?  Will you be getting an E85 tune?  Looks like it's holding power quite well to redline currently, will be interesting to see it does with more stable triggering.   There is an outfit in NZ who do a very affordable cam trigger setup (but not using the flimsy stock Nissan drive) which fixes this kind of thing with the stock cam angle sensor configuration without going 10/10ths on a crank trigger setup, if you haven't gone there yet and were wanting a reliable trigger setup without going 4 digit costs.

9 hours ago, Lithium said:

RB26 Head?  Will you be getting an E85 tune?  Looks like it's holding power quite well to redline currently, will be interesting to see it does with more stable triggering.   There is an outfit in NZ who do a very affordable cam trigger setup (but not using the flimsy stock Nissan drive) which fixes this kind of thing with the stock cam angle sensor configuration without going 10/10ths on a crank trigger setup, if you haven't gone there yet and were wanting a reliable trigger setup without going 4 digit costs.

No, just a 25 head with hydraulic lifters and upgraded springs + minor exhaust port adjustments.  The whole thing is loafing along, quite a bit more to extract if desired.

We'll resolve the triggering prior to the next event at end of May, and get it on the rollers at some stage just to validate the improvement.  Going with the cam trigger setup you mention, interested to see the difference in timing logs.

Probably staying with petrol at this point simply because it's not short on stick for what I need the car to do.  And I avoid the inevitable need to go with further fuel system upgrades.  Money better spent on tyres/event entry and actual seat time :)

• Like 1

Nice, be interested to see the results :)  So far they've been pretty good for us, especially if using a Kevlar belt on higher rpm setups though probably not really an issue for you haha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick run on the dyno today just to have look at things, no tuning has been done with this turbo setup but was previously tuned with an unknown high flow on 14psi.

Currently does not have the  boost controller plumbed up and has 14psi gate pressure with a turbosmart 50mm on a 6boost manifold and 5862 turbo.

The dyno graph shows rpm about 300rpm different to last time it was on there, makes it look a bit laggy but it feels not that much different down low from the high flow and is a completely  different car now through the mid range and up top. Currently has 11 degrees of timing from 4500 rpm and up at 18psi.

Its given me a bit of motivation to get the new motor together and  get it on e85 and turn it up

20180507_135850_resized.thumb.jpg.0520440a1920493dbcf195520395552f.jpg

• Like 2

Not a Skyline but this is a street engine RB26 (BC 2.8L Stroker kit) with a TH400 box, made 915whp through the auto and 1070whp through a manual on 35psi with a Precision 8285 (1.12 A/R) - sounds better than a mangmang. 

Cranked it to 40psi next meeting and cracked the factory block like a spider web, the car sadly hit the wall hard.

Also as a veteran of this thread I'm putting my PTE knowledge to a bit more use these days, I can help out any SAU Members interested in ordering Precision Turbochargers off my website.

www.makemegofast.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 2:37 AM, Lithium said:

Nice - what setup do you have that on? How is performance?

Its on a Forged RB30, ported head Tomei 272's E85 

I like the turbo so far good response for what it is and it seems to make decent power.. Cant beat it for the money..

I sold my Precision after Precision rebuilt it and bought 2 Borg warners!! haha

3 minutes ago, mitchum said:

Its on a Forged RB30, ported head Tomei 272's E85 

I like the turbo so far good response for what it is and it seems to make decent power.. Cant beat it for the money..

I sold my Precision after Precision rebuilt it and bought 2 Borg warners!! haha

Nice - any more specifics?  Been quite curious about the SX-E turbos and a few RBs seem to have them but no dyno sheets or hardly even any numbers, yours included now haha