SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

Will watch you make 650 at the treads with a turbo for under a grand.

:)

Haha I got the BB version so it was a bit dearer than that! Might make that power output with a VE head and massive cams but my aim is to keep / if not better the response and make more up top too. Keep you posted on the next cruise coming up too Dave :(

I've had first hand experience with a few Precision turbo setups now.

A 2.6 33GTR with a 7175 making 860bhp... very smooth and progressive in the lower end. It was alot more responsive than the simiar non-billet wheel PT turbo. Absolute animal on boost... I love it!

Another 2.6 33GTR with a 6265 making 700bhp and a stonking 192mph standing mile run... that was his first/only run too. The car is suprisingly "responsive" for the size turbo.

An RB25 with a 5557 in a S13... a little smoother than a td06, with similar power potential. It was limmited by the injectors at about 280rwkw, but lots of torque.

And of course, I watched first hand(didn't get to ride in) the Performance Power TT GT40 at a standing mile event... amazing!!! it has twin 75mm prototype Precision Turbo, billet turbo's.... It's obviously a larger engine, but when Johnny puts his foot on it from idle, the thing comes alive very very quickly!!!

I've actually bought a 5557 plain bearing, billet wheel T3 for my daily rb25 r32... I really want to do a comparison with a td06 l2 (that why I bought plain bearing core).

Justin.

justin,

any news on your 5557?

just a suggestion.

why not make a group buy for this turbo?

i sure want one of those 6262 journal bearing with a SP cover

If people are interested, I can organise the purchase of PT turbo's if you wish from my Florida supplier (I'm in florida at the moment). And make shure they get shipped correctly etc.

My supplier is a fellow enthusiast (it's a large marine diesel workshop) and only sells this stuff on the side... Awsome guys!

He also tests PT combo's on his awsome 33 GTR.

Just PM me.

Cheers

Justin

Please have a part number if you PM me...

I'm not a PT dealer or workshop/professional... So please don't ask me for advice.. Contact PT direct for product info. And I urge you to do your own reaserch.

I can comment on they're build quality and for a coupe of set ups using PT turbo's.

Just so you know, PT have a 38mm and 46mm ex wastegate too.

Cheers

J.

Here's the link to one of the first PT set up's on a buddies r33 gtr... the details listed about the motor are incorrect.

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php/topic,24641.0.html

It has:

No Port work.

Tomei cams not HKS.

Greddy intake manifold, not stock.

Stock gearbox and twin plate.

It's a fairly basic engine build. Rods- pistons and a good oil pump.

It's also sitting on a china- no name ebay manifold- ha ha ha!

There was also a small problem with the coil packs breaking down above 30psi and a CAS timing problem.

The car has also run a 6865 and currently had 72mm on it.... rebroad minded persons soon. The new 72mm seems to spool a little quicker than the 70mm. With out a re-tune, the 72 runs alot leaner off boost and under full boost... alot smoother too. We're expecting to see 900 to the tire.

Hope that helps

Justin

• 2 months later...
I would not mind seeing a small precision like a 6262 or 6265 on an RB25/RB26... they make awesome power on EVO's in the states at high boost. Would be good to see!

I'd like to see a pair of ceramic bb, billet 5557's with the smaller V band exhaust housing, on a 26.... they have an awsome surge ported 4in intake comp cover option too.

I'll post up as soon as I get results on my rb25/5557 combo.

Cheers

Justin

• 1 month later...

Well mine is on and should be tuned in a couple of weeks!

Word in the pits is Powertune in Sydney have become agents for Precision and will be testing the well known sizes on their SR20 first and a big one for their R34.

Time to put an end to these Mustang and DynoJet figures!

Big issue is no Australian dealers, means you gotta pay a fair bit for shipping and there's a long wait if anything goes wrong. If someone local would start supplying them I'm sure they would be a great alternative.

Would one of these be a good option for an RB20 potentially soon to be upgraded to an R34 RB25de+t? In the 180-200rwkw range.

A standard rb25 turbo would be fine for that.

Edited by Rolls