SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

6 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Only repeating what the man who has done it before said to me 

I know mate. Not having a crack at you.

But you already have the data from a full effort 3.2L & it doesn't align with what he said?

38 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

My decision has been made, there were other people interested as well and im letting them know what I was told 

So you're going the 6870 then ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, r32-25t said:

The 1.00

Cool. As you know that's what I have and feels good on the street, responsive as with the 2.8. My results don't mean shit to a certain amount I guess though as I haven't been dynoed yet so can't quote numbers as all my tuning has been road tuning so far. I would say the 2.8 will support the larger 1.15 or 1.32 with ease if you haven't bought it yet, so go 1.15 maybe ? 

Seat of the pants dyno still says for response and transient doesn't match my 33 with HKS GT-SS turbos at 20psi on a 2.6 though, although my 33 is a very well sorted and balanced car. Seems close, but obviously the top end is night and day better. Compared to our other 32 with the T78-29D on a 2.6, transient and spool response feels far far superior with the Precision. Can't wait until kill mode on E85.

On 6/5/2021 at 10:15 PM, r32-25t said:

Was talking to Herman at gtr fest and any block that has been sleeved he automatically condemns it 

You're actually going to listen to him? What NASCAR or time attack motor has Herman built?!

I'll be running an 86.5mm piston and the words told to me were "Inserting a sleeve liner is effective because it eliminates the heat point of the cylinder block".

9 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

People are always envious of other peoples success 

success in GTR scene is what maatouks have achieved and what HKS & JUN did back in the early to late 90's.

im sure when a big bloke makes a special albins sequential & cant even get a shifter linkage finalised after 10 months

things are on the upswing.....

30 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

People are always envious of other peoples success 

This. 

People also love to jump on the internet and harp on about how shit someone is when they're developing new products because saying something is shit makes you seem like you know what you're talking about. When really you're just an end user and don't really know what goes in to developing high end products.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 11/07/2022 at 11:30 AM, R377 said:

Bump

I used to go through this thread countless times....

Anymore updates / info on these turbos over the past year ?

The general Precision turbo range?

If so, there are a couple of pretty epic releases which I've not noticed mentioned in here - the NextGen 7685 and 8085, though they are as much about sneakiness as outright innovation.  

I know someone who tested the NextGen 7685 versus the Gen2 7685 and the results were absolutely mental, picked up hundreds of hp (literally) and compressor speed as well as EMAP/IMAP was improved even to achieve a much higher power level despite the turbos only being an upgrade on the compressor side.   There's been an ongoing trend, basically the 7685 NextGen punching as good or harder than an 8385 and the 8085 being like an 8685... that kind of thing.   

Those two things are absolute beasts in their own rights, and I'd call them game changers if you are in a 76mm or 80mm inducer class - but just for bigger picture info, in terms of "How are they getting 20% more flow out of the same size inducer when the old one was already insanely good?".   They're basically using a loophole in terms of how "inducer" is defined, and the compressor wheels have a stepped inducer so you have the "main" inducer area, then a cut back where the inducer section extends out to the anti-surge port area.   

For all intents and purposes that antisurge slots have become part of the inlet into the inducer, but that area of the inducer isn't officially counted as "inducer".   Sneaky sneaky.

Edited by Lithium
  • Like 2

Thanks Lith, i haven't been on here for a few years now.

Always looking at street sensible (budget) RB25s.

From memory the 5858 sounded familar and also the 6262.  Quite a few yanks had some good results on their Evo / WRX.

Just looking at the Precision website, what are the new "gun" turbos ?

GEN2 PT5558 – 650hp

GEN2 PT5862 – 700hp

GEN2 PT6062 – 750hp

Edited by R377