SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

what turbo would be best suited for a rb30

What do you want out of it? A 5557 .82 exhaust with the surge port (4 inch inlet, 2.5inch outlet) comp cover would be killer on the street. Billet comp wheel, twin ceramic bb core (that dosn't need water cooling). Super responsive 280-300rwkw

lol man, your opinion is based on stock twins! get a 5557, I dare you :D guinea pig lol

Once we sort the wiring/ignition problem on my guinea pig stock rb25/plain bearing 5557 combo, I'll be able to post the results... not long now.

Once we sort the wiring/ignition problem on my guinea pig stock rb25/plain bearing 5557 combo, I'll be able to post the results... not long now.

It would happily be me although I am still in developement stages. Ive got a car and a motor, the two dont match yet.

Will be interesting to see how these 5557 turbos perform against a 3037.

Whats the rest of the setup the 5557/RB25 is going to be using? Manifolding wise etc? Completely unopened engine eh?

Yeah stock 100k rb25. It's currently hanging off a stock manifold with a wastegate adapter and 46mm PT wastegate.

I do have an HKS low mount manifold waiting in the wings if it works out ok.

650cc injectors, nistune, rb20 loom/ecu (in an r32gts-t), port matched greddy copy intake manifold, gtr cooler, n1 oil pimp, vct switch, 4" cat, hks super dragger, splitfires...

Actuall killing the same number coil pack right now.

J.

Just looked at Powertunes site, saw they use a DD... crikey. That suggests its a crapload.... very impressive result then. Thought it was a dynapack :devil:

Yeah dude, we nearly fell over! Actually it was a combo of 1) the power it made and 2) the fact the engine internally is bone stock (aside from drop in cams) and is holding together!

Wow thats some crazy results. I was waiting to see the results of the 5557 to see which one i have to buy. Was planning on buying the 5857 with a .82 rear for my RB25, now i'm not so sure what to get hmmmm.

What would you guys recommend? the 5857 with the .82 rear or .63 rear? or the 5557 with .82 or .63 rear for a RB25. My goal is 300kw maybe a bit more. Engine has CP pistons but stock rods, race bearings ect.

Edited by Girorostar