SAU Community

Precision Billet Turbos

Powertune S14 just made 370kW at the rears on 30psi with the 5557 journal bearing!!!

Nuts!!

NOW I'm exited.... What comp cover is it?

I don't think my stock rb25 is going to like 30psi/350+ rwkw...

I'd love to see the dyno sheet.

Cheers

Justin

Wow that's impressive, that would have to be the most power I've ever seen out of a 3037S period!

No dynajet mate, Dyno Dynamics, how much boost?

I've seen higher from 56Trims :D Nytsky on here did 363wkw on a Mainline dyno: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...e85&st=540# and obviously on Dynojets and Dynapacks people have made substantially higher again but its not apples and apples.

I know the billet Precision turbos do real good power, seen some amazing things from people running the 62mm and 67mm ones particularly. What I would like to see though is if they can do as good on pump fuel, EVERY impressive result I've heard of from them are on E85 etc.

I've seen higher from 56Trims :) Nytsky on here did 363wkw on a Mainline dyno: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...e85&st=540# and obviously on Dynojets and Dynapacks people have made substantially higher again but its not apples and apples.

I know the billet Precision turbos do real good power, seen some amazing things from people running the 62mm and 67mm ones particularly. What I would like to see though is if they can do as good on pump fuel, EVERY impressive result I've heard of from them are on E85 etc.

I was going to mention Dave's nice effort (0.82), my HKS 3037S made 376kW on the same dyno on my SR, but it had a 1.12 a/r exhaust housing, so given what it is, the 5557 has shocked us. It's coming on way before my 3037S and making the power.

If you really want to make a more fair comparison to the 3076R/3037S we should be comparing the BB version on the 5557 where I'm sure it will ABSOLUTELY wipe the floor in every way. I've seen enough proof already :D:) :)

There is a safe limit to pump fuel tuning (I'd say not a huge amount past 300kW on an a 2L SR before you enter grenade land ) so if we wanted pump fuel results, we're best off comparing much smaller turbos that aren't capable of a lot more than that (for an SR20 anyway) might be a good comparo for an RB25 though

Will post up some results and a vid for you today guys

Edited by PJ.

Very cool, I had always had the impression the Precision turbos were a bit laggier than the Garrett equivalents but its starting to sound like thats not the case. Particularly forward to seeing results from the 5557 on the RB25! Shame we aren't seeing BB results but look forward to seeing your impending posts.

I am STILL on the edge of my seat waiting for a mates RB25 running a ball bearing PT6765 to be fired up and tuned, its all pretty near ready to go but he's lost momentum. That is a fairly serious build, everything should be there to make the most of the turbo so will be interesting to see when it is all go.

My car is nearing 200,000km on an unopened RB25 which has been making >270wkw for nearing 100,000 of those kms - I have to assume something is going to start complaining sooner or later so whether I like it or not I have to consider myself at a cross roads with my car's development. Seeing as I have to think about what next, the latest Precision, ForcedPerformance and Borg Warner (EFR) turbo results are all particularly interesting.

Wow thats some crazy results. I was waiting to see the results of the 5557 to see which one i have to buy. Was planning on buying the 5857 with a .82 rear for my RB25, now i'm not so sure what to get hmmmm.

What would you guys recommend? the 5857 with the .82 rear or .63 rear? or the 5557 with .82 or .63 rear for a RB25. My goal is 300kw maybe a bit more. Engine has CP pistons but stock rods, race bearings ect.

After seing this result, the answer would be def the 5557, 0.63 rear.

Got my 0.70 exhaust housing today, now we can have a much fairer matchup for the T04Z with the smaller 6265.

After looking at the graph this morning, Chea though there was a bit more in it :D

Starting to lift the head at that power so we're gonna have to leave it there for now. Have the Motive drag challenge next week, after that put a Tomei head gasket on and a 6262SP!!

I'll start making the vid

2m4ympj.jpg

9k2n49.jpg

2ccp8r8.jpg

5757SP, 6262SP, 76HP

Edited by PJ.

2m4ympj.jpg
That boost control is amazing. Can you get a ruler onto that graph just to make sure it's perfectly flat? lol

So the dyno is saying 31psi but the boost reading is clearly being held back by the map sensor... So how much boost is it actually running to make that power?!?

Plus, have you any graphs at a more reasonable boost setting? Say 22psi?

After looking at the graph this morning, Chea though there was a bit more in it :)

Starting to lift the head at that power so we're gonna have to leave it there for now. Have the Motive drag challenge next week, after that put a Tomei head gasket on and a 6262SP!!

I'll start making the vid

2m4ympj.jpg

9k2n49.jpg

2ccp8r8.jpg

5757SP, 6262SP, 76HP

PJ can you speculate what the intake temp of minus 77 might have on power? Where was the intake probe.......Antartica!! :D

Is it possible to post up a graph in rpm?

Cheers

PJ can you speculate what the intake temp of minus 77 might have on power? Where was the intake probe.......Antartica!! :D

Is it possible to post up a graph in rpm?

Cheers

LOL only just noticed the intake temp, went to post and you had already posted...

So dodgy temp correction and boost wound up so high the dyno can't even read, INTERESTING

Paul, Is it possible to get a 5557 or 5857 with a smallish Split Pulse T4 flange turbine housing?

Not at this stage, the smallest turbo we can offer in TS is a 6265

Simon, it was on 31psi in the end, on 20psi it made 297kW at the wheels

Fair enough, just so you know it's MORE than 31psi... By the look of it maybe a fair bit more

Our sensor is broken so there is no correction at all.

We'll take it to the strip to prove the power for you. hopefully on Wednesday if it survies the flogging on Tuesday.

Car has gone 125mph with 290kW so far

Simon, the 31psi is real, trust me if it was more we wouldn't be afraid to tell you, we like boost here :D

Edited by PJ.

Any idea on when they would be available? or alternativley If I were to by a Single entry T4 what sizes are available?

and would I be able to by a TS housing late ron?