SAU Community

18"x10" rims on R32 GT-R (?)

VSPEC32

Looking at the possibility of upgrading my current 17x9 Buddy Club P1 Racing to some 18x10 Buddy Club P1 QF's. Now they're currently fitted to an R33 GT-R and look absolutely brilliant in Gun Metal Grey. Have been told that these rims have an offset around the +12 mark I think - they're extremely dishy. The +12 offset is an off the shelf spec for this particular rim.

Has anyone put 18x10's on to an R32 before and know what offset was required to have them fit? Note that I have a normal suspension setup (sorta - rebuilt std shocks and whiteline lowered springs). The current 17x9's are at a great height, almost perfect distance around the whole guard rim.

Have attached a couple of pics too and the URL below:

http://www.first-inc.co.jp/buddyclub/p1rqf...qf/p1rqf_f.html

Note, this is just a possibility at this point in time.

17" Buddy Club P1 Racing are around the $2-2.2K mark with tyres. I bought my rims for $2K second hand, but they were yet to be used so they were effectively new. I think a new set could be around the $1800 mark for 17x8's (f) and 17x9's ® as per C-Red's parts page:

http://www.c-red.com.au/parts/index.shtml

I think P1 Racing II's will be another $3-400 more expensive. Colours available are Titanium Silver, White and Hypergold, but you could get them resprayed whatever colour you wanted I suppose and get Jeff at C-Red to get you another Buddy Club sticker for the rim.

Now, back to my question.

• 3 weeks later...

As a matter of fact yes. Although they do stick out a little. Have fitted them today actually:

Buddy Club P1 QF

18" x 10.00JJ +12 Offset

245/40R18 Tyres

Tyres are stretched on these rims but brings the tread under the guards:

http://www.ipixel.com.au/temp/p1-qf-r32gtr/

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Brendan

I'll find out prices (I did a swap on my old P1 Racing rims and contra work for them) and get back to you. BTW, they're an extremely lightweight rim for an 18" coming in at 7.45kg/rim.

Don't expect prices for the rims alone to be under $1K each though. Otherwise contact Jeff Ash at C-Red (they're the official Australian agent for Buddy Club) and he'll be more than happy to help out in price department.

Cheers

Brendan

Wheels look nice. Can you tell me how much clearance you had to the struts both front and back as +12 is also standard offset for both BBS and Ray's 18 x 10 wheels for the GTR.

Just had a quick look. Rears there's plenty of room (30mm+) between edge of rim and suspension strut. For the front, there's less room between the upper link support upright (couldn't find correct name in manual), but seems to be around 15-20mm clearance when wheels are centred. Biggest clearance problems would be between tyres and inner (plastic) guards. On full lock, the rear of the tyre (being inside guards) has minimal if any clearance (haven't heard any rubbing), so tyres larger than 245 section width could rub (of course then you have the option of removing these and lipping the guards. Height wise, I'm using Whiteline's lowered springs from 'the Works' package. Guard lip is around the 325-327mm (note: very dodgy measuring with a 300mm ruler) from the centre of the wheel hub.

If you've got a good relationship with your tyre shop, they may allow a few different fittings of tyre sizes to work out the best for your particular application.

Cheers

Brendan