SAU Community

Does Any1 No The Safety Star Rating 4 97 Rs4 Please

RS444

Well i got hit in the front left hand side at about 90kmph from a car coming straight at me. Felt little bit worse then a nice bumper-cars hit.... You could drive alot worse in the wagon department.

does any1 no the safety star rating 4 97 RS4 please

planning to crash?

or is there a specific reason?

I really don't have much time for a safety rating based on the number of airbags after you crash rather than the car's ability to dodge 99% of possible incidents

planning to crash?

or is there a specific reason?

I really don't have much time for a safety rating based on the number of airbags after you crash rather than the car's ability to dodge 99% of possible incidents

that and i don't know if there's been a crash in a stag where the airbags have deployed? i haven't been around that long though, so i could be wrong.

I have seen a five star rating - will have to look it up to see who issued the rating. I wrote off an earlier S1 RS4T by leaving the State highway at about 100km/hr flying across a culvert and hitting the other side ( Lack of sleep - I have learned my lesson and don't plan on a repeat). Front was wrecked LH turret pushed back and roof buckled - windscreen shattered but sayed intact (no flying glass) - doors stayed shut but could all be opened post crash. Seatbelts have pre-tensioners and airbags deployed. Suffered a bit of a headache and a scratch on my left elbow. Survivability is affected not only by features that give rise to a 5 star rating but also mass is a factor (esp in head on) so in this case 1800kg is a plus.

Same here! I have NFI about "star" ratings but having had the experience of headbutting a wrx hard enough to write an S1 off, and the fact that my entire family got out and walked away without a scratch, I would say they are excellent. A hell of a lot better than most cars of a comparable size etc IMO

DSCI0018.jpg

Stagea does not seem to appear in any of the Australian or NZ ratings. The one I saw was for 2001 (don't know if that's C34 or M35) and it was 5 stars out of 6 JNCAP crash tests so maybe someone who can read Japanese can look it up on a Japanese website.

If you believe the youtube clips, the stagea is 5 star by JNCAP ratings (which is out of 6). This is for both C34 and M35.

In particular, it did mention that the passenger safety rating was 5 star while the driver rating was only 4 star. not sure why this is as no reason was given. Pretty sure I found it on youtube but I cant access that from work so I cant look it up right now.

The youtube clips I'm referring to are actual crash test videos showing the stagea crashing 3 ways (front, side & front corner).

In any case they rate VERY well compared to other cars (especially wagons) of equivalent year.

I believe the only thing to let them down ratings-wise is the lack of VDC/ASC, which wasn't around/common at the time these cars were first built anyway.

Back a few years Rob?? wrote his S1 of. The pics are in here somewhere. The front completely broke off at the A pillar and the motor and bits spread all over. Funny, no broken windows. I got his N/A grille and rear bar.

From memory he hit the pole at VERY high speed and he and his mate got out and walked home.

I think Stags must be very safe.

Back a few years Rob?? wrote his S1 of. The pics are in here somewhere. The front completely broke off at the A pillar and the motor and bits spread all over. Funny, no broken windows. I got his N/A grille and rear bar.

From memory he hit the pole at VERY high speed and he and his mate got out and walked home.

I think Stags must be very safe.

I remember this one, decent stack. I have a good story - but a picture tells a 1000 words. I'll try and dig up some pictures of my first stag crumpled, on its side in a ditch with a twisted chassis and snapped front axle from sheared rusty hub bolts. lol. Yeah I can vouch for their 5 star safety, thats why i bought another one.

Edited by dirtyRS4

It was qikstagea

Im sure there were pictures of this smash on the forum. KiwiRS4T had some pics of his aswell?

Should start a dedicated thred to see wot the stag can survive.

Edited by dirtyRS4

• 2 weeks later...