SAU Community

Price Check, Price Check on BP Ultimate

unwritten law

Check out this crazy price of BP Ultimate at Tamworth (Central NSW) on friday avo as I was passing thru on my way to Sydney. I had to fill up because it was the only stop closest to Warwick and Newcastle that had Ultimate (filled up at Warwick). lucky I looked up on the BP website where the stations that had Ultimate were before I left. Has anybody paid more?

18c/L more than regular unleaded?!??

I've noticed lately that ultimate has been 9c/L more than reg. unleaded around Brisbane, which is crazy considering that optimax was only 3c/L more than regular unleaded when it was first introduced... get everyone hooked on the good stuff then jack the prices up...

damn it, i was hoping you were a good looking check out chick doin a price check!

as for bp ultimate, there is a bp round the corner from my work on fairfield rd, that has 10c difference. I know it's only 1c but i try not to make a habit of using that servo for that reason. Im a povvo bloke!!! hehe

yep the price is getting pretty high, especially if you need to refuel on the weekend.

Mid week you can usually buy it on the Coast for under 90 cents, but come the weekend add 5-10 cents on top of that.

ops... so sorry... that's the price for the normal unleaded... i forgotten to add another 10c to it. so yeah, it will come up to same as Gold Coast.

but i noticed the pattern for the past few months that prices are cheapest on tuesday, wednesday and thursday. is it the same in GC?

Yep usually Tues, Wed and Thurs are the cheap days.

I try to top up on Thursday in the vain hope that it will carry me through to Tuesday, but as we all know the weekend is cruising time and there goes the petrol ;)

I went through warwick on my way up here, and was only a few c more expensive than rest of QLD. Me thinks they jacked it up for holiday season and a quick buck.

Last i paid was 86c a litre the other day for ultimate.