SAU Community

Aluminum air box - Sydney

B-Man

I'm just gonna make one up myself... maybee that's a cheaper option for you?... problem is i need to get a FMIC first... I've noticed u have one for sale and i wish i had the money to get it roght now... ;)

Ben - thanks dude - I have one already - I want an aluminum one - plus my pipework is not std any more so might have to be custom jobbie.

Jimbo - I won't be using them again. Thanks anyhows.

B-man, go to a place like Smart Aluminium - Wetherill Park, (or check yellow pages for other suppliers that are close to you)... and buy up some scrap to the value of their minimum purchase order.

Smart Aluminium's is $15, and for that i got enough alum sheet to do plenty of odd jobs, (just havent been bothered to do them), like ducts for oil cooler, panel for bottom of cooler to ensure air passes thru not underneath, and cold air intake.

Aluminium is easy to work with using basid tools like files/drill/hacksaw. So once you have it all cut and filed up, rock up to a place like Performance MetalCraft, Micks MetalCraft, Hills Motorsport, anyone you trust with aluminium welding (UAS???)

if they wont weld it up for an hours labour, cash or invoiced, hell even the old case of Crownies, then try elsewhere. They are looking at about 500mm max of fillet weld, which wont take any time at all.

So with a bit if DIY, you get exactly what YOU want for $80-150 depending if you want to polish out the weld or just polish the sheet.

You da man Roy !

I don't know why I keep thinking that I have to get other people to do stuff on my car - I am quite capable (lack of time is the only reason I guess)

I think I will give this a go.

I know a place with a new TIG so maybe we can work something out !

Cheers !