SAU Community

Car detailers in Sydney

siksII

see merli knows what my problem is, no matter how hard u try even with pretty strong cutting compounds by hand its hard to get swirls out, even if everything else looks good.

damn swirls!

whereabouts in syd are u roy?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry bout the delay guys, spoke to my brother about it,

he said he'd do it for $150

this includes a Full Buff & Polish (and wash's).

From what Merli was saying (without mocking, just stating so you guys know)

"I'm looking for a full time professional detailer please! Some examples of their past work (both before and after photos) would be a big help to gauge their expertise!"

My brother is Not a full time proffesional detailer, his a pannel beater / spray painter but knows what his doing..

If you want the interior as well as the exterior done then his not the person for you, nor is he the person if your specifically looking for a 'professional detailer'.

Having said that, how his work compares to that of a professional detailer? I couldnt tell you either, I can however tell you that my R33 which was buffed and polished by my brother twice in the year that I owned it, looked amazing, granted it had an immaculate paint job to begin with but yeah.. ask benm - I'm sure most of you who are asking have seen ben's car anyway

If your still interested let me know :)

ask benm - I'm sure most of you who are asking have seen ben's car anyway
Just forget any memories you have of it if you have seen it in the last week. A trip to canberra (622km) has left me with about 4 squillion bugs on the front, good luck to -any- car detailer getting a professional finish on my baby right about now haha.

My biggest issue isn't with the waxing (I use a spray on wax by Meguiars) but more so with the actual washing to begin with. Some dirt just doesn't want to come off easily. I think I need to pay a car detailer to do a professional job to get it back to the condition it was in when I first got it 18mths ago (thanks Matt) and then just continue on myself for another 12mths.

ah ok well i prob wouldnt pay 150.. i called quite a few detailers around sydney, and they all want between 100-150max... but from the sounds of things im sure he would do a good job either way.

benm, i went to the act and snowy mountains this weekend, were u there at that time too?

i met u a EC a few weeks ago remember..

i put up a gallery of my weekend drive :) check it out.

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl4lxm/mountains/

Hey Guys...

For a commerical quick fix, crystal car wash at Chatswood gets the big thumbs up...

They are reputed to be the best in Sydney, and i really cant argue it..

Bit expensive - for about $80 you will get wash & wax, interior clean, tyres/mags clean, deodoriser, etc, etc...

The good part is you get a free coffee and can relax as they get it done....i can watch hard work all day !!  

You can usually tell the place by the clientelle - everytime im there, you are guaranteed to see some new porsche, merc or beamer...

Havent had any hassles with them, they do a good job and its low fuss.

My 2 cents...

:werd:

I went to them after having a new bonnet and guard put on (filthy and with texta writing) was quite pricey but everything was perfect. Washed, cut and polished for like 45 minutes, washed again, chamoied, wheels cleaned, interior cleaned and waxed bout $150 took about 2 hours

would definately go back

Just forget any memories you have of it if you have seen it in the last week. A trip to canberra (622km) has left me with about 4 squillion bugs on the front, good luck to -any- car detailer getting a professional finish on my baby right about now haha.

My biggest issue isn't with the waxing (I use a spray on wax by Meguiars) but more so with the actual washing to begin with. Some dirt just doesn't want to come off easily. I think I need to pay a car detailer to do a professional job to get it back to the condition it was in when I first got it 18mths ago (thanks Matt) and then just continue on myself for another 12mths.

The clay bar will get the stubborn dirt off. Seriously, nothing can withstand it's wrath.

Except swirls. Swirls are its nemesis.

Try 2000 grit wet and dry with soapy water and running hose it is important to have plenty of soapy water on the paper when rubbing lighty.After you have done that polish the areas and wax them have looking like new.I would reccomend Mothers polish.

Just from my experiences over the years.Maybe you should speak to a spray painter for the best results.

The clay bar will get the stubborn dirt off. Seriously, nothing can withstand it's wrath.

Except swirls. Swirls are its nemesis.

LOLL ok,

makes mental note:

'Swirls are the clay bar's nemesis'

:wassup:

Those cars look awesome,but let's not forget most of those cars cost 100's thousands of dollars.I don't think you are ever going to get the average of the production line car looking like that unless you spend the money on a very expensive paint job.

The last car has aTexas number plate on it so it would appear the detailer does not live in Australia.

The fact they they're expensive cars doesn't mean anything. Any car can have paint work that good (or nearly that good) with proper care and maintenance.

Notice the last two cars are normal cars.

And yes, I mentioned in my earlier post that he was in Texas... If he was in Sydney, I wouldn't even have to make a choice as to who to detail my car, but I don't feel like paying for his airfare to Sydney :(

Those photos prove absolutely nothing at all.

I had a black car and it was dirty all the time. Even after a wash... as soon as I woke up in the morning there would be dust all over it from the garage air and even when it was dirty... I would take photos of it and it would look damn clean in the photos but see it in real life and you got to see the dirt, swirls and everyfcukingthing else!!!

Those photos prove absolutely nothing at all.  

I had a black car and it was dirty all the time. Even after a wash... as soon as I woke up in the morning there would be dust all over it from the garage air and even when it was dirty... I would take photos of it and it would look damn clean in the photos but see it in real life and you got to see the dirt, swirls and everyfcukingthing else!!!

I had a Black Lexus IS200 and it had perfect paint from new from factory... after 2 months, it had developed swirl marks like nothing else...

It takes a dedication to keep black cars swirl free....

Sorry, but I can see the swirl marks in the photos of my car VERY easily... in sunlight like those photos are taken in, you can see any and all swirl marks... let me post some of my car (as much as it pains me :()

And yes, that car is perfectly clean, I washed it about an hour before those photos were taken.

All those marks you can see are swirl marks.

As you can see, swirl marks DO come out in photos VERY evidently.

I'm going to go off and have a cry now :(