SAU Community

Car detailers in Sydney

siksII

Don't make come over and whoop your ass!!!! I hate to be proven wrong so here: Try to spot my swirl marks in these pics then! (I promise car was filthy in every one of these shots except the one on the driveway where you can see it has been washed). REMEMBER!!!!!! Car was 2 years old in these pics, never ever detailed ever and full of scratches, dings and swirl marks. No photoshopping and tell me doesn't she look clean? SEE! SEE?! I do not lie.

day.jpg

dyno.jpg

washed.jpg

BURROW.jpg

Na na na na nah!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be a 56K WARNING on this thread.

swirls are microscopic scratches. The reason why theyshow up on dark coloured cars is because the sides of the scratches reflect light.

This is unoticable on light coloured cars because they reflect alot of the ligh themselves.

Swirl%20Mark.jpg

Roy is right. Having the right things can prevent swirl marks.

Have any of you tried this stuff??

autogeek_1772_16115586

I think the only way to get rid of them is if you buffed your car and used a medium cutting polish. I suppose brasso would work.

Also when you wash your car you shouldnt be rubbing in circles. You should be going the same way as the air travels over your car.

I just cut and polished my car on saturday... it took 5 hours and i didnt have time to do the wheels..

swirls are still there..

in pics my car looks awesome, no swirls. but in real life its a diff matter.

I think it depends alot on the quality of paint. My old car was mettalic black, i worked hard on it quite often, and there was no swirls. BUT then some drunk idiot crashed into me, and i had to get one side of the car resprayed. After that, one side had swirls, and the original paint didnt. so i guess the nissan factory paint isnt that swirl resistant.

Im with justin on the swirls issue, in pics usually u just cant see swirls.

I present to u two huge pics. sorry to all those 56k users :D

Both cars have LOTS of swirls. One black one red, u cant see swirls in either so :D

gtisdbig.jpg

noswirls.jpg

you bastards.

I *am* on 56k!

and Skyline_boy, in your second picture...there are no swirls.....but there *are* trees growing out of ur car :confused:

BUT....can anyone recommend a professional? You know, the sort of person I can abuse and sue if I'm not happy lol

lol that isnt my car, thats just the result of doing something properly. I dont like lexus that much.

Guide To Detailing Your Car 6.04MB

Another guide "BUFFING FOR BEGINNERS" - shows you what polishes to use, what pads to use, and how much cutting and heat they make. worth a read

Buffing for beginners

hmmm.. how much money is in this Car wash & detailing bussiness??