SAU Community

RWC guys in Melbourne?

Going to need to get my import roadworthied in the next month or so, and was wondering if anyone knows a good (and licensed of course!) inspector to get the Vic RWC?

I'm pretty close to the city.

Anyone had any problems with VicRoads getting the car registered after getting the RWC?

I went down to Geelong to get mine inspected by vic roads, becuase u have to make an appointment for an import and this was the only thing avaliable for like two weeks. The importer i went with said it was the quickest he had seen any import put on the road. The guy there didn't have a clue about the car, or what to check for. So i recommend going to Geelong, even if you don't live close like me. Avoids problems. Also they believe that I payed $18,000 for a GTR.

Got told the same bout imports on special days. Went to Werribee vic roads. the dude wrote down all the engine numbers and then said come inside and get ya plates, too easy. They also believed I paid 60% less than what I actually did.

So the guy did the RWC and rego at the same time?

I've never had to roadworthy or register a car before, so excuse my ignorance, but did you have to transport the car to the VicRoads office on a trailer (or tow it) since it's unregistered & un-roadworthied?

so excuse my ignorance, but did you have to transport the car to the VicRoads office on a trailer (or tow it) since it's unregistered & un-roadworthied?

You can get a permit so that you can drive an unregistered car on the road.

For more information click here